My wife got a gun today..

This is a discussion on My wife got a gun today.. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I convinced my wife to go to a gun show today and she actually paticipated in "my madness" , she jokingly calls it. She held ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My wife got a gun today..

I convinced my wife to go to a gun show today and she actually paticipated in "my madness" , she jokingly calls it. She held a 380, a full and compact 9mm, and .40. After going back and forth she picked out the ruger sr9c. It was a proud day for me. Now all I have to do is teach her to clean it and take her to the range to fire it. Hopefully she will love it even more once she fires it.
    darbo likes this.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke, Edmund

Proud owner of a G35. And yes I carry it concealed.

Awesome! Hopefully she joins in on your enthusiasm. My wife does not like guns but entertains my love of them. We did however agree that she needs a gun she feels comfortable with and will practice with so she feels comfortable and profficient if the need ever arose where she would need to use it.

We need pictures if we are truly to believe what you say ;)
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

haha. I'll post a picture first thing in the morning.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke, Edmund

Good choice, I want the SR9 myself but after missing out on it at $399 I won't buy it at $450-$475 and that's all I'm seeing lately.

The compact is okay, but I'm not comfortable with compact guns without extended mags for my hanging pinky.

Congrats. I am happy she found a gun she likes. I happen to carry the sr9c :). As with most things; practice makes darn near perfect.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Cavejohnson, This came with one 17rd mag and one 10 round mag. The 17 has the extended grip at the bottom that my wife loved.

Minimalbrat, Thanks, she even commented after we bought it that we need to make a trip to the range soon.

Congrats!
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Thanks

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Congratulations!!! My wife has absolutely no interest in guns. I've begged her to just go to the range with me and try shooting some 22s, but no dice. She understands my perspective on guns, and supports it. She doesn't give me any grief over carrying, buying them, going to the range, etc. I guess I can relate. I support her interest and desire in interior decorating, but have absolutely no interest whatsoever in participating in the process. If she wants the inside of the house painted different colors, we hire someone to do it. Curtains, same deal. I have helped re-arrange some furniture, but that's my limit.
    jryan630 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Ruger Ruger Ruger!!!! Congrats

Distinguished Member
    I also have the SR9c. Great carry gun. Many hundreds of rounds fired with no problems. She will enjoy shooting it.

In 1994 my wife was a para legal at at another law office a guy came in and shot the lawyer then himself at the time I was a permit holder and thats when she said she wanted her permit. I took her to my gun shop and she picked out a Bersa .380 which she took to class and passed with flying colors but the fun began when she tried my 40cal. We had a mud porch at our house and I took one of her targets and put it on the wall facing the window so it could be seen by some one coming thru that side door and right below it was where my Rotty liked to curl up.
    jryan630 likes this.

Sweet shooter!. pretty dang good for edc, and conceal also. Great acquisition!
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

Quote Originally Posted by jryan630 View Post
    I convinced my wife to go to a gun show today and she actually paticipated in "my madness" , she jokingly calls it. She held a 380, a full and compact 9mm, and .40. After going back and forth she picked out the ruger sr9c. It was a proud day for me. Now all I have to do is teach her to clean it and take her to the range to fire it. Hopefully she will love it even more once she fires it.

AS long as she didn't take out a "new" life insurance policy on you the same week, you should be OK.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links