Opinions : Academy Sport & Outdoors ....

This is a discussion on Opinions : Academy Sport & Outdoors .... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I like Academy. They seem to have better prices on firearms in my area than the other large sporting goods stores. They are not as ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions : Academy Sport & Outdoors ....

I like Academy. They seem to have better prices on firearms in my area than the other large sporting goods stores. They are not as fancy.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

2. Remove Ads

Re: Opinions : Academy Sport & Outdoors ....

I'm buying my first pistol at academy when I get home from work in a few days... S&W SD40VE for $299

I have 3 Academy stores near me.

We shop there often for my kids sporting equipment.

Also, none of the weapons I tried had trigger locks, and there was only one small sticker on the display case that disallowed dry firing
    Last edited by Pinlifter; November 5th, 2012 at 07:58 PM.

VIP Member
    I'm really not too fond of either of them. I find I can get almost anything they sell elsewhere.
    Sometimes I'll get some targets from one or the other, and now and again some MA related items like
    gloves or shin guards from Academy, but that's about it.

Both would go out of biz if they depended on customers with my particular tastes.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Don't particularly care for them, unless you don't have any other good alternatives. For ammo, I handload the vast majority of my range ammo, and most of my defensive factory ammo comes from SGAmmo.com. For guns, my LGS's are much better than Academy Sports on selection, allowing dry firing, MUCH more knowledgeable, and easier to deal with. LGS usually has better selection and competitive prices on cleaning supplies. Perhaps I am lucky to have one particularly good LGS, and three others that are pretty good.
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links