Interesting Gun SHop Radio Ad

This is a discussion on Interesting Gun SHop Radio Ad within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Heard an interesting radio ad for a local gun shop today. The announcer goes through a list of big name brands, and then adds "you ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Alex_C
  • 2 Post By dbglock
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By uscarry45
  • 1 Post By Smitty901

Thread: Interesting Gun SHop Radio Ad

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Interesting Gun SHop Radio Ad

Heard an interesting radio ad for a local gun shop today. The announcer goes through a list of big name brands, and then adds "you won't find any Hi-Point or Taurus guns here, just quality firearms".

My point is not to get into a debate as to the comment, but more of interest to me that the ad is targeted (pun) at informed gun buyers.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

OK Hi-Point I get, but I know plenty of people on here who swear by their Taurus firearms.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Moderator
    When i win the lottery and open my own gun shop, I won't sell any Hi-Points either. I don't have a problem with Taurus
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    "you won't find any Hi-Point or Taurus guns here, just quality firearms".
    His decision to exclude firearms that are generally lower priced is certainly an interesting one. Seems like he could capture more sales by shedding the brand-snob image and catering to those who may not be able to afford more than $200-$300 for a firearm.
    lyz_grace and fail_187 like this.

Hi-Point may be the Schlitz Malt Liquor of firearms, but Taurus is just a good, less expensive alternative to the Glocks and SW's. I've heard good things about their revolvers.
    darbo and swiftyjuan like this.

VIP Member
    If it is all you can afford, there is nothing wrong with a Hi-Point. The only thing he's doing is being a gun snob, and driving more people away than he'll draw in.
    darbo likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    When I hit the Lotto and open my gun store, I'll sell you whatever make/model you want. Smart businesses don't turn away customers and remain in business very long.

But remember, you wanted it, not me.
    miller_man likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    When I hit the Lotto and open my gun store, I'll sell you whatever make/model you want. Smart businesses don't turn away customers and remain in business very long.

But remember, you wanted it, not me.
    But remember, if you sell it, you have to back it, at least send it back to the factory. A lot of dealers (of anything) refuse certain brands or lines because they get tired of sending them back to the factory. I appreciate hearing this because that helps me steer clear of junk.

To be honest I never though much of Taurus until I shot one --while they may not be as refined as some other guns they are great firearms
    darbo and swiftyjuan like this.

VIP Member

Re: Interesting Gun SHop Radio Ad

Never owned a HiPoint but I've been extremely satisfied with my Taurus revolver (never owned any of their semis).

Money is money and if there's a market for HiPoints and Taurus, you'd be a fool of a business man to not sell them.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I worked in a gun shop/indoor range for a year, we sold Hi-Points, a lot of Hi-Points. Profit is profit and just because someone can't afford a Kimber or Ed Brown doesn't mean they aren't entitled to the means of self defense. While we did sell a bunch to the boys in the hood we also sold them to elderly who suddenly realized the world can be a bad place, college students whose apartment complexes were having home invasions and daddy wasn't there to protect them, poor working stiffs who wanted something to protect their families and wanted something more effective than a ball bat.

After shooting several and seeing people shoot them with fewer problems than I expected [embarrassed] I bought one, the compact 9mm[/embarrassed]. I carry it when I want to be armed but a chance of damage or loss exists, like canoeing a trout stream where you could tip and loose most gear, wading a mountain trout stream where a slip could put you in a situation where you have to ditch your gear to survive, riding a 4 wheeler.... Not an everyday carry, but it fills a need.

Taurus revolvers are ok, the Auto's are up and down.
    I prefer to pend my cash on Colt,Ruger,S&W Springfield ... see where this is going
    pittypat21 likes this.

I've heard good and bad about Taurus. For the bad I've heard they have a lot of lemons (no basis of fact, just heard this). For the good I hear they have great customer service/warranty.

My older brother liked 'em enough to get a Taurus a while back. Haven't heard any complaints yet.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Links