Now that the election is over, are you stocking up on ammo? - Page 4

Now that the election is over, are you stocking up on ammo?

This is a discussion on Now that the election is over, are you stocking up on ammo? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been stocked up for quite some time. Now I just replenish according to my shooting needs....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Now that the election is over, are you stocking up on ammo?

I have been stocked up for quite some time. Now I just replenish according to my shooting needs.
    dbglock and Diddle like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Call me a fool but I am not stocking up on anything. I remember several years ago when .380 was selling for nearly $70.00 for a 50-round box and that was because people started hoarding. When .380 was high as a cat's back, .38, .40 and .45 was still inexpensive. Many people simply dug their own graves in a foolish attempt to vacuum the market thinking the world was ending. Here we are years later and the world has not ended. Yet anyway. The folks in Washington, especially President Obama have far more important issues on their plate than dealing with USA firearms owners. If you start hoarding ammo as many did in 2007/8 you can bet the prices will rise. Go ahead and buy all you can see what happens and don't gripe about the end result you helped create. If you all want to avoid problems of the past, buy a box of ammo when it is on sale. If you go practice, buy a box an replace what you shot. Be cool, be intelligent and be aware of the market. There is absolutely no need to think the sky is falling because it ain't.

Respectfully,
    dbglock and miller_man like this.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    Call me a fool but I am not stocking up on anything. I remember several years ago when .380 was selling for nearly $70.00 for a 50-round box and that was because people started hoarding. When .380 was high as a cat's back, .38, .40 and .45 was still inexpensive. Many people simply dug their own graves in a foolish attempt to vacuum the market thinking the world was ending. Here we are years later and the world has not ended. Yet anyway. The folks in Washington, especially President Obama have far more important issues on their plate than dealing with USA firearms owners. If you start hoarding ammo as many did in 2007/8 you can bet the prices will rise. Go ahead and buy all you can see what happens and don't gripe about the end result you helped create. If you all want to avoid problems of the past, buy a box of ammo when it is on sale. If you go practice, buy a box an replace what you shot. Be cool, be intelligent and be aware of the market. There is absolutely no need to think the sky is falling because it ain't.

Respectfully,
    Best damn post I've read all day!

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I have been stocked up for quite some time. Now I just replenish according to my shooting needs.
    And this is how smart people should act in my opinion. Hats off!

Regards..
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Respectfully,
    Large soft drinks - Whodathunkit
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Respectfully,
    But, but... The sky is falling! It's frozen white fluffy looking stuff.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Not really...........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Senior Moderator
    Okay no more politics, next one get an infraction, and if you reply to it you get an infraction too
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I have enough ammo and will only buy more to replace what I shoot. My only planned purchases are a used lever 30-30 and a .22 rifle and ammo for both. I'm avoiding buying any military style rifles for a number of reasons.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    Now that the election is over, I will CONTINUE stocking up on ammo. Albeit in a little more peace and quiet.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

As many of you know, my job entails monitoring this stuff. The internet is full of stories today about strong gun sales and that goes for ammo. too

Word to the wise: Everyone rushing to the store to buy ammunition is going to result in an artificial shortage, which results in unnecessary concern, which leads to more panic buying which results in an artificial... well, you see how this is the dog chasing his tail...
    CaveJohnson likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    No, but thanks for driving the price up!
    lyz_grace likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    I have enough ammo and will only buy more to replace what I shoot. My only planned purchases are a used lever 30-30 and a .22 rifle and ammo for both. I'm avoiding buying any military style rifles for a number of reasons.
    Why avoid buying military style rifle and ammo? What are your reasons?

I'll be buying ammo to restock what I shoot. I have no intention of making some massive purchases for fear that I won't be able to get any soon.

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    I'll be buying ammo to restock what I shoot. I have no intention of making some massive purchases for fear that I won't be able to get any soon.
    X2.

I just made a fairly large order but my wife and I are going to go to a training class in a couple of weeks and according to the instructor we will need about 200-300 rounds each. Other than that I have a good supply for normal weekly range trips.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links