Now that the election is over, are you stocking up on ammo?

This is a discussion on Now that the election is over, are you stocking up on ammo? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I can see a shortage of ammo and a price spike coming up. Post election fears combined with holiday shopping. Do you plan to scoop ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Now that the election is over, are you stocking up on ammo?

Now that the election is over, are you stocking up on ammo?

I can see a shortage of ammo and a price spike coming up. Post election fears combined with holiday shopping.

Do you plan to scoop up more ammo/mags/guns or wait until the dust settles?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    When people quit stocking up on ammo, the price will quit going up. Having said that, I have plenty already.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    'Already did.

I've been preparing for this for sometime, back when the loser republicans chose horrible mitt over Ron. I knew this was coming but some refused to see it. Buckle up men and women it's going to be a ride. Initial rush like in late 2008 & early 2009 will by 2x as worse. Then there will be a lull and rebound in ammo production while Bo focuses on the the economy. Just remember your first purchase better be joining NRA (if u already join someone else or life it).

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." -V
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    'Already did.
    Myself as well. I made all my purchases pre-election.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    After the past 4 years one should already be stocked up and now just replacing what you practice with.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Already got it covered. At this point all that is going to happen is an panic induced shortage and price jump.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Already have a good supply. Might have a little windfall as well. I've quit shooting/carrying my .40's so have 2 guns and about 1500 rounds of ammo for them to sale.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Having no firearms personally, I have little use for ammo other than a little profiteering down the line.
    oneshot likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I like having an ammo stockpile (or even a regular pile) but it's never been about the political climate or pending social collapse. It's because the LAST thing I want to do when I feel the need for some trigger-time is to go sit at the reloading bench or head for town.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

This is my theory on how prices go up. Ammo manufacturers wake up early and see if any threads have started like this. They then know that folks have at least read it and it is in the back of their mind. They raise prices ever so slightly. Joe Two Guns stops off at WalMart after work and as usual goes to the gun section. He now notices that 9mm has gone up just a tad since his last purchase.

Joe Two Guns comes home and logs onto (fill in your favorite gun forum here)________. And then he posts "Yeah, prices went up already." This starts other folks thinking and they start going out buying ammo which causes a supply problem and then prices do go up significantly.

Just my 2 cent.

BTW: If you have been preparing for any typr of SHTF scenario you should already have a stash put away. You are behind the curve if doing it now.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Yep, I plan to buy some this week. Not because of the election really, just because we don't have much at all.
    I'm going to have to buy a lot because I want to get better at the range, so I have to practice.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Stocked up last week.

That said, you can never have enough!

Ammo really isn't my concern though, I'm sure we'll see more stocking up of hi-cap mags and "assault" weapons. I'm planning on adding another AR to the stable soon, but that was the plan already, just waiting for holiday sales...

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Done Deal. I`m ready.

I started 2 years ago.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links