Video Review of FN FNX .45ACP

This is a discussion on Video Review of FN FNX .45ACP within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am really, really impressed by the FN FNX .45ACP. It is one of the very finest .45ACP polymer frame pistols I've ever shot. Hope ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Review of FN FNX .45ACP

I am really, really impressed by the FN FNX .45ACP. It is one of the very finest .45ACP polymer frame pistols I've ever shot. Hope this video helps introduce it.

Any of you own a FN FXP?

What do you think of it?

LINK TO VIDEO.

Nice review!
    Thanks for the link.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Glad you liked it

Love my FNX 9. Never shot the .45, but want to. I recently discovered a problem though. If you rail the snot out of it for a few hundred rounds, the double action trigger pull no longer works. You can pull the trigger all the way back against the frame, and it'll take a second to actually fire off. I have not yet diagnosed it, as I do not have the bank account that allows too many 400+ round range days. After a minute of cool down, the trigger worked again. I was actually looking at the FNX 45 as a duty gun replacement (currently sig 220), but no level III holster yet (that i know of). Cool vid, cool gun!

What do you mean by "rail the snot out of it for a few hundred rounds"?

^ no cool down. I have a whole bunch of mags for it, and was shooting a bunch of steel. The gun got pretty toasty. I'm only guessing the heat may have something to do with it since the trigger was fine after a few minutes of cool down. It just worries me because all of my other guns have been that hot, and dont care in the least.

Still have no idea what you are trying to say...try again.

RT
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
    Still have no idea what you are trying to say...try again.
    If I recall correctly, I'm pretty sure I saw several people on the FN forums who noted the same issue with the FNX in other calibers. I'm not sure of the exact cause, but when the pistol gets too hot (running a lot of mags through it without letting it cool down in between), the trigger can cease to function altogether (pull the trigger, no bang) or, as in kb2wji's case, something similar to a hang fire can occur where there is a delay between the trigger pull and the discharge of the round. The FNX-9 was on the short list for my last handgun purchase until I heard of that issue. If it wasn't for that, I most likely would have bought one because I loved everything else about it.

^ bingo. I love the heck out of the gun. The FNX 45 was going to replace my sig 220 as a duty gun, until I had that problem. "Hang fire" is the way to describe it (it's been a long day, my descriptions were lacking). I could pull the trigger all the way back to the frame and hold it. A second later, it would fire. It would still perform perfectly in single action mode though. I still carry it from time to time, as it is an excellent gun when it isnt too hot. Just isnt quite duty gun material. I wonder if the FNP's had the issue?

RT
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    ^ bingo. I love the heck out of the gun. The FNX 45 was going to replace my sig 220 as a duty gun, until I had that problem. "Hang fire" is the way to describe it (it's been a long day, my descriptions were lacking). I could pull the trigger all the way back to the frame and hold it. A second later, it would fire. It would still perform perfectly in single action mode though. I still carry it from time to time, as it is an excellent gun when it isnt too hot. Just isnt quite duty gun material. I wonder if the FNP's had the issue?
    I'm not sure if the FNP's had the issue, but I did a little digging and found one of the threads talking about the issue with the FNX. Apparently one guy just letting his sit in the sun for a little while (maybe 20 minutes or so) was enough to heat it to the point of malfunction. I would consider giving FNH a call. According to one of the posts on the first page, something in the fire control group was cracked in another pistol displaying the same problems (could have been an FNP, they weren't sure). Here is a link to the thread if you're interested.

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fnx/207...tside-vid.html

OK, thanks for being more clear.

I skimmed through the whole thread, seems there is nothing to it but some pretty idiotic speculations without a whole lot of substance.

This is all from over a year ago, by the way.

I am not sure who would actually ever be in a situation where they are putting 800 rounds through it at one time to begin with.

;)

Are those 15 rd mags? 15+1 total?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Yes, the magazines hold 15 rounds, and you can put one in the chamber.

Total capacity: 15+1

One of the highest capacity .45ACP semi-autos on the market, to my knowledge.

mkh
    I'm not too worried about railing the snot out of it as my interest would be for EDC. The guy who had the problem after leaving it in the sun for 20 minutes booths me some as it can get pretty hot here in Florida.

Still have never heard the expressing "railing the snot out of it"

: )

Apparently that means, "Shoot a ton of ammo through it in one session."

From everything I can tell, the "doesn't work when too hot" thing is not an actual issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links