Post election purchases - Page 3

Post election purchases

This is a discussion on Post election purchases within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For now I will probably do the same as I've been doing for awhile. I try to buy a bit of ammo every week. As ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Post election purchases

For now I will probably do the same as I've been doing for awhile. I try to buy a bit of ammo every week. As far as guns go, I just bought my wife a Henry Golden Boy for Christmas. Future are an over/under shotgun for myself as well as a .38 snubbie for my wife. Also anything else that catches my eye whenever I have some extra money.

Donnie D

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyG View Post
    I bought a Beretta Mini Cougar 8040 at 7PM on Election Day but I prefer to call November 6th my birthday instead. I had to buy that because nobody got me the "new president" that was on top of my wish list.

I couldn't pass it up at $300 and I really like my Mini Cougar 8045 so I figured I'd pick up a buddy for it.
    Tuesday was my birthday too - 60... I posted on Facebook that if my friends wanted to get me a new president for my birthday, I'd chip in to help. They all tried. Guess I need more friends.

I lost all my firearms and ammo in a tragic fishing accident.
    Tayopo likes this.
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

I don't own any toys but if I did I would have picked up a Sig 229 DAK SAS .40 cal at a huge savings on sale a few weeks ago at Cabelas and a HK P30 .40 Variant 2 LEM today from Budsguns. I would have also gotten a .357 sig barrel for the HK a few months ago and ordered a .357 Bar Sto barrel for the Sig last week. I would have also bought a few good used/new Milt Sparks Versamax holsters over the last week that I ran across. But alas..... I don't own any guns.....
    Tayopo likes this.

Re: Post election purchases

Irony - went to wally-world today and when passing the hunting section I saw a big supply of Spam on display. I know it was meant for hunters but the the irony of having canned goods stacked up next to the ammo was inescapable.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Distinguished Member
    I too went to wally world today, made a trip by the ammo case to get some 22lr ammo for a trip to the range with a buddy on saturday. Was really relieved and happy to see the case stocked full and all ammo at regular prices. Maybe atleast around here there is some common sense. They even had WWB 100 rnd boxes for $23 that I haven't seen there in a while. Prob go back sat morning and get a little more 9mm.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Plan on picking up another black rifle this week and another few thousand of 5.56 rounds. Not because of the election, just my normal buying habits.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Moderator
    Good luck on finding black rifles and ammo. In these parts, they are already gone.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I don't plan on buying anything that I wasn't already thinking about buying. For now, I'd like to pick up a G19 & tac shotgun for HD as well as stock up on some ammo in general. I started late in the game so I don't have a collection from years and years of purchases like most of the guys on here.

I was calling a few gun places (local and major) to order an easy to get generic gun item.... I couldn't get thru to anyone anywhere...... on one, they had the following phone message and I about died laughing (calm, solid, firm woman's voice) :

" due to the high call volume at this time due to the current political environment , and that zombies are now invading our country and crossing our borders, we are very busy right now ..... so if you leave a message we will call you back as soon as we can" .

I wish I would have recorded it. I couldn't quit laughing about it. It was "choice".

Places are swamped....... a new Cabellas here ( I was told from someone that works there) have had a 100 custmers in line most of the time for the last 2 days, purely waiting to buy a gun & do the paperwork. Then there a few hundred "looking" . It's like Christmas Eve and everyone forgot before hand to buy any gifts.

Gun shops, etc. .... are not getting supplies from their distributors, who did not stock up on inventory . One way to keep prices higher. I was also trying to locate a " AR bolt carrier group/assembly" as well ..... and just try to find a good brand name one right now. I got notified via an email .... when they received some, ... the email was only 10 minutes old and they had already sold out of them. So... I'll just wait and get that one later on when the smoke clears.

And , the news reported ..... Obama has already started an initiative to get the UN Small Gun Trade Treaty talks going again ....... so, maybe there is a reason to be concerned, albeit but not by tomorrow afternoon for pete's sake.

That's a bit like going grocery shopping "after" the hurricane has hit and the grocery store got wiped out during the storm.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by exdee40 View Post
    Not a thing! I too am recently unemployed from a COAL related job, for the THIRD time, during the current administration. Odd how just a couple of weeks ago I was thinking about the purchase of a couple of new guns and now all I care about is surviving. Enjoy your new purchases and shoot a couple for me....
    Exact same thing here...for the exact same reason.

I could only manage to scrounge up enough extra for three new M3 30 round Pmags (I only had one 20 rounder) and 40 rounds of Federal m193 5.56.

Thanks Obama for LOVING coal.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Exdee40 must live in my neck of the woods. Lots of unemployed folks thanks to coal mines shutting down.

Anyway, I'm not buying anything. I am looking to sell or trade a couple of items, doesn't seem too many people are motivated to buy much though.
    Look's like me as well!

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Good luck on finding black rifles and ammo. In these parts, they are already gone.
    No problems here finding either of the two. :D

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I'm not buying much of anything. I figure the first 4 years was "the kiss." Guess what that makes the second 4....
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    More Gaviscon and Tums.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I bought more gold and silver. Also ammo and magazines.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links