Hallelujah! The time has arrived

This is a discussion on Hallelujah! The time has arrived within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well everyone after 3 trips to the sheriffs office and 4 to the DMV and an address change on my Drivers license the local sheriffs ...

Thread: Hallelujah! The time has arrived

Red face Hallelujah! The time has arrived

Well everyone after 3 trips to the sheriffs office and 4 to the DMV and an address change on my Drivers license the local sheriffs office finally accepted my application for a concealed carry permit. I am so giddy my girlfriend can't stand it. I asked the nice lady behind the desk how long I should expect to be waiting( wv has a 45 day law) and she said i could expect a call in as little as 1 week from today! I'm so excited I just had to post it here. Can anyone from WV or other states with a similar wait time please chime on and let me know how long it took to receive yours?

I can't help you with your wait time but congrats on the application! It's a huge responsibility. Stay safe!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It really sounds like having to get a permit thru a sheriff's office rather than the state causes a lot of issues. Congrats on the perserverance.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

In Berkeley County, it took me about 10 days to get the call telling me my permit was in and ready to be picked up. That was a year and a half ago, in summertime. I suspect the wait will be shorter now that cooler weather has set in and fewer people are taking their CCW classes now, so a week sounds about right.

Re: Hallelujah! The time has arrived

In Arkansas you can count on at least 30 days because they give your home County Sheriff and City Police that much time to submit any local input that the State might not have record of.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

In Georgia it took me just over a week.

Thanks guys! I'm so excited I can barely contain myself. I'm not getting my hopes up, I am going to expect to wait 45 days, if I get that call sooner all the better!

Congrats on your application and pending license.....now: Gun, holster and ammo. Ya got 'em ready?

I remember the day I received my license.....I looked at all the guns I owned and realized they all were too big to conceal.
    The day my license arrived, I was totally unprepared to step out into the world armed. Scared the crap out of me.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Links