CZ P01 9mm possible purchase. What is a good price?

This is a discussion on CZ P01 9mm possible purchase. What is a good price? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looking at a local auction item... No photos yet but will be posted some time next week... The auction says: CZ P01 9mm semiautomatic pistol ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By 1 old 0311
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: CZ P01 9mm possible purchase. What is a good price?

Looking at a local auction item...

No photos yet but will be posted some time next week...

The auction says:

CZ P01 9mm semiautomatic pistol with a High Noon "Under Taker" shoulder holster/spare magazine harness, one 16 round magazine, six 14 round magazines and with 510 rounds ammunition. Collector's note: This pistol is finished in olive drab polycoat, and is one of only 500 OD pistols imported by Gander Mountain into the U.S. some time back, so is relatively rare.

What would you consider this pistol is worth? IE. What would you pay (max) if you wanted one?

I won't be able to find out serial numbers or build date, etc until Nov 16th... Just want to see if it is worthy. I love shooting the CZ 75... have never shot this however and will make a determination when I get to hold it on Nov 16th and then bid on the 17th...

thanks in advance...

Oh, and here are the other guns I am looking at the same auction... any idea on these for prices?

CZ VZ97 7.65mm semiautomatic rifle with folding and standard stocks, Six 30 round magazines and a full "kit" of spares (you used to be able to buy an entire VZ in parts with only the receiver made inoperable) Collector's Note: Never common to begin with, CZ USA stopped importing/selling the VZ a couple of years ago, so they are becoming a scarce commodity. (1100 rounds ammunition);
    CZ97B .45 ACP semiautomatic pistol with paddle holster and two 10 round magazines (375 rounds ammunition);
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

CZ P01 9mm semiautomatic pistol with a High Noon "Under Taker" shoulder holster/spare magazine harness, one 16 round magazine, six 14 round magazines and with 510 rounds ammunition. Collector's note: This pistol is finished in olive drab polycoat, and is one of only 500 OD pistols imported by Gander Mountain into the U.S. some time back, so is relatively rare.
    "Rare," eh? I'll grant that not many were painted this way for the Gander contract, but it's not as though XYZ color's a dramatic rarity that justifies exalted pricing.

• Basic P-01: NIB unfired, two 14rd magazines, factory box/papers @ $525-575
    • Extra mags: 4 14rd, 1 16rd @ $35ea = $180
    • Holster: $160, plus extras (if any). Avoidance of any wait period, if wait-times exist now: value up to you.
    • Ammo: 500rds 9mm @ $12/50 = ~$120
    • Premium for OD paint: up to you (if any). I wouldn't pay a premium for paint, no matter that it was a Gander special request. Assuming you'll fire the jeebers out of the gun and want to keep it for years, at some point you'll be repainting it anyway. If it were a special caliber or had special features? Perhaps. But just for paint? No, though that's just me.

NIB in unused mint condition, I'd say the value is somewhere in the neighborhood of ~$985-1035, less any negotiated discount.

You can head to GunBroker, log in, then do a <Search> for past auctions on the individual items. That'll give you a reasonable idea of the range of prices these things have been getting, assuming any have sold recently. I think you'll find that the average pricing isn't too far off the numbers above.

Heck of a good gun, BTW. Extremely reliable, durable. Great ergonomics. Accurate. A bit fat/thick to carry, but reasonably light for an all-metal gun of that size.
    Cook74 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Gun itself, since it is used. $425.-450.
    Magazines, depending on the make. $30-40 for new ones
    Holster (no idea on condition) $75.-100
    Ammo (no idea on manufacturer) $120.
    "Rare" OD finish. No value at all
    Cook74 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Ex Member
    The P-01 is a GREAT handgun. Used, black, green, or two tone, run $450-$500. CDNN sell the MecGar mags, factory 14 rounders, for $25 each. If you do get it pick up a few of the 32 rounders for $23. They run PERFECT.

Cook74 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    Oh, and here are the other guns I am looking at the same auction... any idea on these for prices?
    Here's another search tool for finding current auctions/FS posts, or to get an idea of prices on current listings. Searches across many web sites for listings: Elite Deal Seeker.
    Cook74 likes this.

Just my 2:

Gun itself: $300-425, depending on condition. More than that and I'd get a new one.
    Magazines: $90 for 6. New ones are $20-25
    Holster: $50-100. I don't use shoulder holsters, so I'd figure its value as what I can sell it quick for to offset the price.
    Ammo: $100
    "Rare" OD finish: -$200. For me, that's a deficit, or even a deal breaker as I'd have to spend a couple hundred bucks to refinish it.

Quote Originally Posted by raytracer View Post
    Just my 2:

Gun itself: $300-425, depending on condition.
    Have you ever seen a P-01 for $300??

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Have you ever seen a P-01 for $300??

$300? Heck I have never seen one for $400-$450. They are the size of a SIG P226, more reliable, and more accurate. People that have them don't sell them. It was approved by NATO, and carries the NATO numbers. SIG doesn't, Glock doesn't, S&W doesn't, Walther doesn't................

Sponsored Links