Mega failure at the range today, quite disappointing. - Page 2

Mega failure at the range today, quite disappointing.

This is a discussion on Mega failure at the range today, quite disappointing. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm anticipating getting back to the 1911 and Ruger was a manufacturer I was looking at....... Thanks for the heads-up....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Mega failure at the range today, quite disappointing.

I'm anticipating getting back to the 1911 and Ruger was a manufacturer I was looking at....... Thanks for the heads-up.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I own several 1911's and can completely strip them and change out/fit new parts,so I have no doubt I could have didassembled the gun and got it back in action.
    FWIW I had a friend that had his glock 19 seized up at the range,couldn't get the slide open even using a flat blade screwdriver and trying to pry the slide back from the barrel.When I got it home I used a plastic mallet to tap on the frame with the slide held against the edge of my wood table,finally got the slide open and discovered the primer had come out of the round and when the slide went into battery it crushed the primer between the slide and barrel,the slide was in battery but was effectively locked up until I whacked it several times until the slide moved far enough to the rear to let the primer drop out.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

Mega failure at the range today, quite disappointing.

How did you remove the spent case? Through the ejection port or through the frame with mag removed? Exactly how far did you get the slide back?

I've read of one gunsmith's tale of a hammer strut out of position. I may ask him about this. He's a huge fan of the Ruger as well.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Every gun manufactures run into some issue . Often it may not even be the weapon at fault. Glock has their list of night mares don't let anyone fool you.
    Ruger that is the first failure of a Sr1911 I ever heard. You could give me a Glock. If it is the weapon, even if it is not Ruger should do right by you best warranty there is .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links