The true value of .22 firearms

This is a discussion on The true value of .22 firearms within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Let's see...for long guns, we have a Ruger 10/22 and a M77/22 bolt gun. Sold a Remington Nylon 66 when money was tight - wish ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The true value of .22 firearms

Let's see...for long guns, we have a Ruger 10/22 and a M77/22 bolt gun. Sold a Remington Nylon 66 when money was tight - wish I had it back.

For handguns...have an old Iver Johnson "Sealed Target 8" revolver that is a hoot to shoot, even if the sights suck. And an Advantage Arms conversion for the Glock 19. Sold off a Ruger Mk II Target pistol - liked to shoot it, but disassembly and cleaning was a pain. The SP101 revolver in .22 is on my radar...

Been stocking up on .22 LR ammo lately. While it is still relatively affordable...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

2. Remove Ads

I bought my grandson the Ruger 10/22 takedown as his first gun. I want to instill the importance of gun safety to him, he has been after me to shoot my Glock 9mm, he isn't ready for that yet. I did recently purchase a Phoenix Arms .22 pistol for $150.00, will be a xmas gift. I haven't shot it yet but hear it is great for the price. Does anyone have one ? and what is your experience with it ?

VIP Member
    Here are a few that I own and all are solid. They are not in order!

1. Ruger MIII with threaded barrel- great little shooter!
    2. Ruger 10/22- Mine is pretty custom and is a blast to shoot
    3. S&W M&P 15-22- what can you say, the sucker is very reliable and it's like shooting an AR for nothing
    4. Savage MKIIFVSR with threaded barrel and accutrigger- frankly this gun is a tack driver and easily out shoots my 800.00 Ruger 10/22 any day of the week. It comes with a a fluted threaded barrel, accutrigger, and pica-tinny rail. I got this for 230.00 and it maybe the best valued firearm I have purchased in quite some time.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

You can never have too much fun with a .22, I have 2 10/22's and a dueling post, always like getting a bud or gal to go out setup and duel all afternoon.
    Two people can spend $10 and have a HE** of a good time. and have something to laugh about all day.

I absolutely love my Ruger 10/22. Cheap to shoot, accurate, quiet enough and low in recoil I feel like it is something I can use to bring in people new to shooting. I have a 3x9x40 on mine and I have hit targets 200 yards away with a little estimation on how much the bullet will drop.

Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

.22s are my favorite. If I could only have one gun it would be a .22. If money was not an issue, i think I'd be going on a .22 buying spree too. For now I have 5 rifles and 4 pistols.

I am a firm believer that one can't have enough .22's. My line up is as follows:

Ithaca M49 (single shot saddle gun)
    Marlin 81-DL (tube fed bolt action from 1945)
    Herbert Schmidt small frame (single action cowboy gun)
    Smith and Wesson M&P22
    Ruger Mark II 22/45

The next .22 on my short list is a Ruger 10/22.
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

VIP Member
    Favorite .22 handgun, my Ruger Mark II Bull Barrel.
    .22 rifle, I have an old Marlin/Glenfield Model 75c, that I bought right after I returned from Germany in 81. At some point, I'd like to get a CZ bolt action.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links