Christmas Shopping List

This is a discussion on Christmas Shopping List within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Now that the elections are over and it's time to start thing of the holidays, I was interested in finding out what is on everyone's ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Christmas Shopping List

Christmas Shopping List

Now that the elections are over and it's time to start thing of the holidays, I was interested in finding out what is on everyone's Christmas list as it relates to firearms? Will the election results influence your list this year?

Here is my list.....I think Santa will be carrying alot of firearms this year!

1. Ruger LCR 357 Mag

2. Ruger 10/22 Takedown in Stainless Steel

3. Ruger Mini-14

4. Ruger SR-22
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

2. Remove Ads

I already bought a Smith MP15 last week for a "family" gun, my wife a M&P Shield and yesterday my 16 year old asked for a single action 6" barreled 22LR. Its a tough job to go shopping at the gun store!

2 nice picks...I thought about getting an AR type platform 22 but I think I'll stick with the 10/22. Yea...gun store shopping is always tough! :')
    Quote Originally Posted by MoparNut View Post
    I already bought a Smith MP15 last week for a "family" gun, my wife a M&P Shield and yesterday my 16 year old asked for a single action 6" barreled 22LR. Its a tough job to go shopping at the gun store!
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

100 shares of Sturm, Ruger & Co., just based on the OP's shopping list.
    Foo909 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I am sorta Jonsin' for a Doug Turnbull 1886 in .475 Turnbull or .50-100.

Looking to acquire additional 22s as well.
    Ruger 22/45 Lite
    Ruger SP101 22
    Ruger SR 22
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin 795

Have been intrigued with a pistol caliber carbine for quite some time. Both Glock versions of the Keltec Sub2K look good. Extremely difficult to find in my area. I would buy both as I have Glock pistols in 9mm and 40.

For additional wish list items in cc, I would like something in 40 and 45, although nothing will completely replace my Gen4 G26. Have looked at both the Glock G36 and the Springfield XDS. Am also interested in a 4" 1911.

Then there are the ones to dream about.
    Springfield SOCOM
    LWRC REPR
    Marlin 1895G
    Marlin 1894
    Marlin 1894C

I'm hoping for a Do All White Wing Clay pigeon thrower. Bought my wife a Henry Golden Boy last week for her Christmas gift. Have it hidden away till then.
    Donnie D

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    100 shares of Sturm, Ruger & Co., just based on the OP's shopping list.
    I noticed that last Wednesday, when the market was all-around down, that Sturm Ruger and Smith & Wesson were both up.

For my list:
    - Any AR - I figure if I get it for free, I'm not going to be picky about how much you spend - maybe an M&P, they're pretty nice. I'll even take a Mini-14 (Yes, I know that that's not an AR).
    - Any AK - second on the list only because of the price of practice ammunition.
    - Tactical light to attach to the rail on my pistol - the only thing reasonably priced on this list, so the only thing I'm likely to get.
    - A .22 pistol - for lots of inexpensive shooting when I go out to the grasslands with a bunch of friends.

i have been really trying to resist buying a Sig 556 pistol. Getting soooo hard to not just give in.....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWFD View Post
    Now that the elections are over and it's time to start thing of the holidays, I was interested in finding out what is on everyone's Christmas list as it relates to firearms? Will the election results influence your list this year?

Here is my list.....I think Santa will be carrying alot of firearms this year!

1. Ruger LCR 357 Mag

2. Ruger 10/22 Takedown in Stainless Steel

3. Ruger Mini-14

4. Ruger SR-22
    Just gave our son a Ruger 10/22 Takedown (and other stuff) for his birthday, today. It is a quality piece; you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Links