Glock 19 - Low & Left - Suggestions?
I'd love to get some thoughts on why I am shooting my Glock 19 (Gen4) low and left (7pm).
My instructor suggests it is recoil anticipation, and I believe that could be the case. However, I'd love to hear from those with experience as to what else it might be. I've read a lot of posts on this, so here are some variables to consider in your reply:
I'm going to continue range practice (about 400 rounds at this point) but wondered if it could be something else other than anticipation or getting used to the trigger.
- I am right handed. I shoot with my dominant eye (left) closed.
- I have tried different ammo (grains, JHP, FMJ) and get the same general issue.
- If I shoot with just my dominant hand (one handed) I am much more dead center than two handed. Strange.
- I use the Weaver stance when shooting two-handed.
- Another strange anomaly. When aiming at a target straight on, I shoot low and left. When I actually aim at a target that is to the left of my stance, I tend to hit the target.
- Shooting my Bodyguard 380--with a much longer trigger pull--I do not have this issue.
Thanks for your help!