Horrible customer relations

Horrible customer relations

This is a discussion on Horrible customer relations within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A few days ago i went into a local GS and was pricing some rifle ammo. I was taking a few pics of the price ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Horrible customer relations

Angry Horrible customer relations

A few days ago i went into a local GS and was pricing some rifle ammo. I was taking a few pics of the price tags for reference to shop around. A store worker asked me not to take pictures in the store. I told him why i was doing it but still stopped because iunderstand where he was coming from. So today i went back to purchase some pmags and was adding the price of them with my calculator and doing tax and such. The same worker comes up next to me and firmly says "What DID i tell you the other day!" i took a step back and said "im adding" he they started to say he was sorry. Well i was really ticked off and said guess i'll just order them online and proceeded to walk out. As im walking away he continues to say "guess you better". Really though this made me mad enough to make this post to help vent...he talked and treated me like a 8 year old. Jist because i'm young doesn't give you the right to disrespect me. Lost my business for life. Was just trying to help local economy. The kind of people working retail these days...if you don't treat people with respect, the get out of retail. Sorry just a little angry...

Call me a dinosaur, but I don't see the risk in someone taking pictures of price tags versus writing down prices on a piece of paper? If I want to share the info, I'll just text or email it. Guess I'm just ig'nant.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

mrm
    You should really go in and talk to his boss, not only would you feel better the owner deserves a chance to make it right and find out how his employees are treating customers
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

I can see if he thought you were casing the place. But he was completely an a$$ the second time around. I wouldn't do business with them again. Though I might let the owner know why I wouldn't be doing business with them.
    mg27 likes this.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke, Edmund

Proud owner of a G35. And yes I carry it concealed.

The thing is i think he's a co-owner...so wouldnt go anywhere, i thought about it but screw em their prices are high anyways

There's a lgs that is the closest to me, that I won't go to, because the employees there act like you are trash and like they are doing you a favor by showing you any weapon.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Yup they get bent the wrong way when you ask questions...im not sayin to shoot sh*t all day with me but dont be an @ss...guess i'll get over it but just one of those things just get to ya

"The customer is always right." I really grit my teeth on that phrase with my own customers sometimes but it is true.

Give yourself a day or so for a cooling off period then call the GS and ask to talk with the owner. If you tactfully put it to him, your call should be well received and a well deserved reprimand delivered to the ding dong who was/is out of line.
    You deserve the same respect any one else would get regardless of age.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

I read an article a few months ago about how retailers are increasingly losing business to people who shop in their stores and then buy online. They noted applications like "ShopSavvy" that let you take a picture of the bar code of a product and then it finds the item online. Supposedly more and more stores are asking people not to take pictures for that reason. That could be the case here, especially for a local store that might have higher prices.

While I don't require "service" staff to be servile in any manner, I do expect them to remember at all times they're there to provide service and assistance ... not to berate, belittle, condemn, lambast or otherwise make it difficult for a customer to remember why there was any need to come in through the doors.

Seems like little Johnnie's got a lot of evaluating to do, if he's going to survive in retail.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

one of my local gun stores treated their customers that way, too. They are no longer in business.....thank the Lord. Guy that bought it understands customer service and...I can't
    go in there too often, as he never lets me leave without making me a deal I can't refuse.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Re: Horrible customer relations

Sounds to me like two people over reacting. If I place myself in either of your shoes, there would be nothing to write about. Drop the drama.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    blitzburgh and 3wggl like this.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

I always try to give my business to a local retailer but if they treated me the way you describe they would lose my business forever. It's a shame that retailers sometimes forget that without happy customers they would have no business.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I got the "8 year old treatment" from one of my local gun stores. I haven't been back and wrote them up on the local Yelp board. I received lots of replies from others who got the same treatment and refuse to return. (FWIW, I over 70 with long gray beard). Scroom, lots of gun stores with good customer relations. I've bought a couple of guns from one LGS and the really make me feel welcome...needless to say, I return often.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links