Reasonable shipping

Reasonable shipping

This is a discussion on Reasonable shipping within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just purchased my M&P Shield. It only came with two magazines, so I Googled where to find more. What I found was not encouraging. ...

Thread: Reasonable shipping

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Reasonable shipping

I just purchased my M&P Shield. It only came with two magazines, so I Googled where to find more. What I found was not encouraging. Apparently, early on, extra magazines were in short supply.

The gun comes with a 7 round and 8 round magazine. I wanted an extra of each. Since my experience with Midway shipping is not good, I went to Brownell's first. Unfortunately, they only had the 7 round magazine and not the 8. So I went to Midway. They had both. On a lark, I added both to cart and checked to see how much the shipping would be. I was truly expecting like $15. To my pleasant surprise, it was only $4. I placed the order. (Of course $31 for a 7/8 round magazine is outrageous as I can get Glock magazines for $20, but I digress....)

As soon as they come, off to the range I go....unless it is cold, raining or the Zombie Apocalypse comes first.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Very cool! I keep hearing good things about the Shield. Glad you were able ti find the extra mags, even if the price was a little high.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    As soon as they come, off to the range I go....unless it is cold, raining ...
    You're still grousin' about the cold and wet ... in Portland? Haven't you and I been on the range enough times to suffer through it all, blue fingers and all?

Photos, photos, photos!

Congratulations on the new purchase. If you're willing, I'm sure everyone would love to have a decent and detailed range report, once you've taken it through its paces. Enjoy!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Nice. I got the notification a while back that they were available on midway, I just haven't got them yet, as I'm not certain what Santa's plans are for me.

Happy shooting, it is a fun shooter. The 7 round is comfortable for me but that 8 round magazine makes for a great grip.

Instead of griping about the lack of magazines, you should be thankful you found a "Shield". There are many of us on waiting lists, that are going nowhere.

Don't need a gun can't get mags for. The original reason I sold the Glock 17 during the Clinton gun ban on hi-caps. Prefer the Ruger product line. The Ruger P-89 to P95 mags available everywhere and Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter did have hi-caps for about $12 each. Doubt seriously that the S&W would shoot ANY better nor carry easier. I've had a few S&W guns and they were good, but not worth that extra $200+ price tag. Good luck...if you like it and the way it shoots, that the only thing that really matters. Try Brownell's and gunbroker.com or budsguns.com if can't find any. Maybe they will know a source.

Links