Went to purchase bullets walk out with another gun! Is it just me?

This is a discussion on Went to purchase bullets walk out with another gun! Is it just me? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Nice thing about Florida. I walked into the LGS and they had a P238 in stock. I walked out an hour later and was on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Went to purchase bullets walk out with another gun! Is it just me?

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Nice thing about Florida. I walked into the LGS and they had a P238 in stock. I walked out an hour later and was on my way to the range with a new gun. Love that 238.

2. Remove Ads

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    So I am not the only one that has new weapons and Harley follow me home
    Yes, both in the same day! Really drove the 'esposa' balistic for 10 minutes (or six months, I can't never get the timelines right on when I am good or bad that way).

Went to buy some HD T-shirts as gifts and rode out on a new Ultra Classic (the very best deal I ever made!), and then went to buy some ammo and left with a receipt (we have to wait to be really 'cooled off' in this state) for a firearm, which I picked up later.

All I can say is the 'esposa' did not bludgeon me to death, and I'm still here
    Last edited by ANGLICO; November 21st, 2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: I HATE to spell = but have to fix!

VIP Member
    I once bought a new barrel for my Contender to fit the case forming dies I found in a junk box in a gun store. Picked up the dies for $20 to make 256 Win Mag from .357 brass.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I make a trip to the gun store at lunch to pick up some cast bullets for my friend ( save him a trip into town ). I eye up the Sig M11 A1 top shelf under the glass. Manufactured date 10-31-12. The other stores had this model back ordered for months. I made the purchase.
    ...... Am I the only one or does this happen to you?

Once I pick it up I will post pictures and submit a range report. I had my Eye on this one for a while and it was #1 on my list, I just did not think it would be this soon!

I live in WI so we have a wonderful 48 hour cool off period so I can get the gun in 44 hours, sixteen minutes and 32 seconds.

I did write my reps and ask for the 48 hour wait to be removed for conceal carry permit holders. All I got was a group e mail.
    This happens to me all the time...It's a disease I call Gunorrhea.

Gunorrhea - the burning desire to purchase a new gun every time you walk into a gun shop. Symptoms are excessive ammo discharge at the range and an uncontrollable urge to touch your piece. If left untreated, the infection can spread and cause ammorrhea (the inability to control your ammo storage). Some people with Gunorrhea have attempted to treat their disease by introducing themselves to new weapons such as knives, bows and crossbows but this "treatment" has been proven to cause the disease to spread rapidly to the new weapons. Currently, there are no known cures for Gunorrhea and it is still unknown as to how the disease is contracted.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Not a gun but I took my truck in for a brake problem and came home with a brand new one!! $30,000 brake job

Happens to me every time... usually though its because of vacation... go home to visit my dad and it turns into something like "Hey wanna go to the gunstore?" so obviously I reply with a yes we can go look around... and on all 3 occasions I have walked out with some sort of firearm... my vacations are getting expensive.

Cooling off period for people that already own firearms WHAT A JOKE.Here in Tx with a CHL I fill out a 4473 show my CHL so no background check,pay and take my gun home
    pittypat21 and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by iguanadon View Post
    You're not the only one. Every time my wife goes out to buy "socks" or another accessory, she comes home with new shoes and a new skirt.

I would have MANY more "problems" like OPs, except that my wife, who is neutral on guns, has THIS problem...

VIP Member
    36 more hours of chill-in to go.
    Well at least we got our conceal carry last year. ( State #49 ) Now just got to fix the 48 hour wait for our permit holders.

I got to return to the store again, I hope I don't buy another gun. (do not make eye contact with the glass case, just walk by)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    36 more hours of chill-in to go.
    Well at least we got our conceal carry last year. ( State #49 ) Now just got to fix the 48 hour wait for our permit holders.

I got to return to the store again, I hope I don't buy another gun. (do not make eye contact with the glass case, just walk by)
    At least it's only a 2 day cooling off period! A lot of states are a heck of a lot worse. Here in Georgia, All I have to do is flash my Weapons Carry License and badda bing badda boom, the gun is mine.

Well that, and pay them lots of money.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    At least it's only a 2 day cooling off period! A lot of states are a heck of a lot worse. Here in Georgia, All I have to do is flash my Weapons Carry License and badda bing badda boom, the gun is mine.

Well that, and pay them lots of money.
    How long is the waiting period for buying peanuts?

Thats odd. I thought I was the only one who left for a loaf of bread came home 8hrs later w a new pistol tucked in the saddle bags of my new to me 02 FXST.
    ANGLICO likes this.

VIP Member
    Thats a good thing they don't sell bikes at the gas station!

Distinguished Member
    Yep, I've avoided the gun counter at my range for the last 4 months because I KNOW if I go look and hold one, one will be following me home. I am holding off till after the new year, only about a month longer :(

Congrats on the new sig.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    Here it is!
    sig M11-A1.jpg

Looks to be well made. Field strips easy. Now I have to build ammo and go to range on Sat get it sighted in.
    They offered me free range pass at the store but since today is black friday there was a couple hour wait for a lane.

Need holster, I have a Galco Summer Comfort for this gun but it pinches me, I am thinking Crossbreed supertuck??
    other ideas??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links