NICS check - after hours

This is a discussion on NICS check - after hours within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know I don't have a clue, because if we have a cc license a NICS check isn't required here.... per the ATF. I'm not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NICS check - after hours

I know I don't have a clue, because if we have a cc license a NICS check isn't required here.... per the ATF. I'm not sure how many states are like that, but I know there are others that are as well.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by broknindarkagain View Post
    Last one I bought was phoned in about 2 months ago
    It was phoned in to someone who used the automated system. 100% certain of that. That's the way it works now. We use the NICS system to do background checks for applicants. The old system you phoned in, and talked to someone. That changed about a decade ago to the current automated system which has had significant upgrades since it was implemented by President Bush. Oddly enough, the movement to move to the automated system began in President Clinton's time, and was completed by President Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Every purchase I have made in the last year has been by phone. I ask today and was told 2000 here was as late as it goes.
    It was down again today for a couple hours.
    A common problem with all automated systems that are designed to handle a certain percentage over normal volume. At least it was only 2 hours this year!

Here are a few pictures. I didn't bother to take a before picture because it was so damn ugly with the Mossy Oak stock...so the first image is one I pulled off of google of the same gun. Last 3 are pictures of the painting.

They had them in 308, 223, 22-250, and 243. I picked up the 308.

Just need to do a little bit of touch up where the black paint bled over into the cracks and it will be done.

I must say, for a factory trigger I'm very impressed. Pre-travel is almost nothing and it breaks like glass.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links