New aquisition:

This is a discussion on New aquisition: within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Attachment 64677 I went with a friend to a new LGS. He wanted to trade this in on a ruger LCP or LC9 or other ...

Thread: New aquisition:

New aquisition:

Attachment 64677
    I went with a friend to a new LGS. He wanted to trade this in on a ruger LCP or LC9 or other "pocket" pistol. And of course I wanted to check out the new shop. The owner at the shop offered him a very low ball price, but left him the oputunity to make a counter offer. I think he was stunned from the first offer, So I jumped in with I'll give you $250.00 for it. Now the grips alone cost him $130.00 I was with him when he purchased them. He bought the revolver new for $372.00 and has only put 15rds through it. I know alot of people bash Taurus: Oh yeah by the way this is a Taurus 85 Ultra-lite w/ crimsom Trace Grips. But for $250.00 this firearm will go a long way in the right hands at the right time

2. Remove Ads

Attachment link does not work........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Dead link.

The Taurus 85 is a good sound revolver. It should give you a lifetime of service. CTC grips is just icing on the cake.

taurus 85 ultra-lite 001.JPG maybe this one will. If not im not sure how else to post a pic on this forum

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I've visited gun stores and watched people bring guns in for 'trade-in' or just to sell. I think I have every gun I have ever owned, except for the Daisy Red Rider I had when I was a pre-teen.

VIP Member
    No experience with the ultra lite, but I have a blued model 85. Have never had any problems out of it.

As for the offer from the gun store for it. Well, it kind of like a used car dealer, their all smiles and they'll screw you and tell you how much you liked it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

mkh
    Sounds like you got a good deal. Especially if your friend was okay with it.

Links