Which Model is Best?

This is a discussion on Which Model is Best? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am going to buy a Savage Mark II in .22LR. I am stuck trying to figure out which model i want. My max. price ...

Thread: Which Model is Best?

Which Model is Best?

I am going to buy a Savage Mark II in .22LR. I am stuck trying to figure out which model i want. My max. price is $375.

The things i really want are:
    A place to mount scopes
    Iron sites
    and a bull barrel would be nice but its so much more expensive!

If someone has suggestions on which model to buy, it will be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for. I need to get myself another .22 rifle...been drooling over one of the AR look-alikes.

I don't think you are going to find a bull barrel and iron sights.

I recently bought a Mark 2 with the 21" bull barrel for $202, and then put a Nikon Rimfire 3-9x40 on top that I got with rings for right about $175.

The set-up is excellent, and extremely accurate. I was hitting shotgun wads at 50 yards no problem, and the bull barrel maintained the accuracy well over an hour or so of shooting.

I am very happy with my set-up. Really you need to figure out what exactly you want to do with your .22, which will determine what accessories you need (iron sights, bull barrel, threaded barrel). I wanted a super-accurate plinker that I will probably also use for squirrel hunting, and this filled that role.

Make sure you get a model with the accu-trigger, which I don't believe the cheapest models have.

Here is the model I got, for $176, at Bud's. Savage 26700 MKIIF 22LR AT $176.00 SHIPS FREE
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Links