Bought a scope for my Ruger 10/22 - Page 2

Bought a scope for my Ruger 10/22

This is a discussion on Bought a scope for my Ruger 10/22 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Pythius si senor. now, after i do this, my scope will be calibrated....but for the distance that I shot...which means if I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Bought a scope for my Ruger 10/22

Re: Bought a scope for my Ruger 10/22

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    si senor.

now, after i do this, my scope will be calibrated....but for the distance that I shot...which means if I shoot further away or closer...i have to assume the bullet will go a bit higher...or a bit lower....yes?
    Yes.

How much holdover, or holdunder, gain be found by looking at ballistic charts online. And, of course, trial and error.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    ok, i got scope today.

it seems pretty good, though i wish the adjustment screws had audible "clicks".

now, to zero it, all i have to do is rest on securely on some bags, aim it at a target, shoot the gun, and then carefully adjust the two screws so that the crosshairs are on the bullet strike, yes?
    You are very close. From a steady rest.[ sand bags work well]. set the rifle with the scope cross hairs centered on the target. set up the sand bags in a way that the rifle will support itself. fire one shot. Now reset the rifle with the cross hairs back on the original point of aim. [ now we get to the tricky part]. Without letting the rifle move, using the scope adjustments move the cross hairs to the bullet hole. This should have you on target at that distance. I would try this at no more than 25 yds.

Your choice of scope is a good entry level scope. I have 2 I use on hunting and plinking rimfires. Both have held up well in average conditions for more than a couple of years now. DR

Yes, your gun will be dead on for that range, give or take a few yards. Do you know about bullet trajectory?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I have one, it's a decent scope for the money. As others have said, there are better scopes out there, but for your intended purpose, I think it will be fine.
    NRA Life Member

how, how about laser bore sights. Are they worth it?

Unless you're going to be changing scopes out on your rifle a lot or getting a lot of rifles to put scopes on, personally I would just have my LGS bore sight it for me and spend the money on something else. JMO.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I have the exact same scope on my 10/22 and it has been good. Now I dont shoot more than 100yds with it but after all its a .22.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I have the exact same scope on my 10/22 and it has been good. Now I dont shoot more than 100yds with it but after all its a .22.
    who knew a 10/22 could feel heavy?

the scope really does at to the weight. I have to buy a sling.

but yes, the scope seems to be very good. the crosshairs are a nice size, the eyepiece is a good size, so far I can't find anything seriously wrong with it. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links