Question About Glock G30

This is a discussion on Question About Glock G30 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; DSC_0097.jpg Anyone have an opinion on the following? Glock G-30 - SER: DGExxxUS. As best as I deturmine the pistol is a generation 3 version ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question About Glock G30

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

Question About Glock G30

DSC_0097.jpgAnyone have an opinion on the following? Glock G-30 - SER: DGExxxUS. As best as I deturmine the pistol is a generation 3 version and produced September 1999. The box is more of a tupperware design with a whole through it. I presume this was for some sort of lock. On the end of the box it says 2 commercial magazines. The pistol looks to have been carried a lot but there is no ware on the rails and the barrel looks great. Any thoughts on value simply based on the information presented?
    Attached Images
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

I own a G30sf and based on your info.....I'm sayin roughly in the $320.00 range.....OMO.

$350 would work for me. There are a lot G30s on the market because G30SF.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Am I correct in understanding the difference in the G30 and the G30SF is the frame size as in the G30SF being called a Short Frame?

Regards,
    Diddle
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Short frame--shorter dimension from front to back on the grip. I didn't notice much of a difference, but some claim to really tell a difference.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Short frame--shorter dimension from front to back on the grip. I didn't notice much of a difference, but some claim to really tell a difference.
    OV, I can't either. Having both they seem to feel and shoot the same to me. Then again I can shoot virtually anything. What amazes me is that the retained value is pretty much zero. I had figured this would command something in the narrow $400.00 range. Based on the above posts, these amazing Glocks are worth about what a .22 sells for today give or take a bit. I see even more why I collect SA, Ruger and S&W pistols and revolvers.

Best!
    Diddle
    NRA Life Member

Yes, yours is a Gen 3. Glocks are great pistols, sold at a reasonable price new, and that's part of the problem. There are so many of them out there that they depreciate in value a soon as you walk out the door with it. I'm no expert but I agree with the number of approx $350.

Check what prices are going for at online sites like GunBroker. I just sold mine, Gen 3 with 2000 rounds through it (it was a fantastic gun BTW) for $440. If I could have only gotten $350 I wouldn't have sold it.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    Yes, yours is a Gen 3. Glocks are great pistols, sold at a reasonable price new, and that's part of the problem. There are so many of them out there that they depreciate in value a soon as you walk out the door with it. I'm no expert but I agree with the number of approx $350.
    Negative, it's not a Gen 3. The Gen 3 has a rail. That one doesn't. I believe it's a Gen 2.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Not to mention I don't think "Gen 3" and "1999" go together. I'm no expert on Glock heritage though.

I'd give $300-400 for it, depending on the barrel condition, wear on moving parts, sights, and number of magazines included.

Austin

I like my G30sf although I have my Colts too...all 1911 Pre 80's....but I like the 30sf because it conceals well for me and any mag with 10 rounds of .45acp....I'm goin' for.

You can buy a 30sf brand new for around $550..... I have one and have considered selling it. It's not my most favorite pistol, but they sure don't bring much in the resale market. Probably just keep it.....it's been boringly reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    Am I correct in understanding the difference in the G30 and the G30SF is the frame size as in the G30SF being called a Short Frame?

Regards,
    Yes.

It would sell for $400 all day here.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Negative, it's not a Gen 3. The Gen 3 has a rail. That one doesn't. I believe it's a Gen 2.
    Hmm. You're right, I didn't notice the absence of the rail. I was looking at the grip frame. I didn't think Gen 2's had finger grooves.

ETA: I just consulted the great google and found this on Wikipedia:

In the late 1990s, the frame was further modified with an accessory rail (called the "Universal Glock rail") to allow the mounting of laser sights, tactical lights, and other accessories. Thumb rests on both sides of the frame and finger grooves on the front strap were added. Glock pistols with these upgrades are informally referred to as (early) "third generation" models.

So, I'm not sure what to think. 1999 and the finger grooves seem to indicate 3rd generation. However, I don't know why it does not have a rail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links