Beretta PX4 Owners. Question:

This is a discussion on Beretta PX4 Owners. Question: within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a PX4 SC in 9mm and a full size .40 and they are both great and the recoil is very manageable. I prefer ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Beretta PX4 Owners. Question:

Beretta PX4 Owners. Question:

I have a PX4 SC in 9mm and a full size .40 and they are both great and the recoil is very manageable. I prefer to shoot the .40 as I have large hands and the extra grip size is a plus not to mention the longer barrel makes it extremely accurate. I have the snap down extenders on the SC in 9mm which makes it acceptable however my wife has taken over the SC for her nightstand weapon. I would say that since both are bulky, have never considered carrying for SD (LC9 gets that duty).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

Recoil .... ???

Have a PX4 SC , if that's bad recoil..... let me introduce you to numerous guns with a lot more.

Great gun, great quality, very accurate, recoil to me is low and good for quick follow up shots, and one of the top 3 of my guns, if not the top 1 for shooting.
    Works great for conceal carry and I haven't figured out why, but an easy gun to conceal carry.

Son-in-law likes the full size, and his father has the compact, and we all feel the same about them.... they're great guns.
    One thing I might point out, the PX4-sc was put out there among several LEO Depts for a couple of years or better, before they ever made them available to the public. Good move, they also worked any issues found with them, etc. ... fixed them and replaced their guns.... before they ever hit the public - commerical market. testing done, in the field. I've never seen anyone who didn't like them.
    wmhawth likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Just got my storm compact yesturday and sent in my rebate to get my $50 from them when that happens so that's going to be 3 boxes of free ammo to blow threw between the many I got now. I sadly am too busy to shoot this weekend but monday I'm hoping to blow threw a couple of boxes to help break it in. I got the "F" compact that carries 12 rounds not 10 that you can also get. My hands are I guess average for a 6' tall 180 lb. man. I tried the feel of the sub and truely was like holding it with 2 1/2 fingers on the handle. That scared me for I new I wanted a 40. for the ammo is or has been cheaper around here than the 9mm and .45 even. I new I wanted to go IWB as well and soon will be ordering my Tucker IWB and seperate mag to go with as I can't stand plastic as they are cheap and have had some fall apart on me while I was on active duty in the Navy. I didn't want the full size for I didn't want to print myself so badly no matter what placement I wished for they are big. I've shot the 92FS many years not owning one myself and decided against that when I saw the Storm series. Knowing how many thousands of rounds I've put threw a 92 I'm certain even with a few bugs Beretta had with the Storm series they should be worked out by now without any such worry of mine. 45's are nice and give good stopping power but with what I've been searching online (Thank U Google) it's truely up to the type of ammo you carry and I think not too much in the way of the caliber. Grain size is another and yes .45's are a heavier grain than any .40 could hope to be but between google and youtube seeing what's available it's just the matter of how much cha-ching you wish to blow on. I'm stoked to shoot my weapon as I've shot the 9mm version injoying it well enough to just go the middle of the road like I have. I do know that you can switch the "F" series to a "G" by removing a spring and ball that holds the safety/decocker in the "Safe" posistion. The problem with that is you then have no physical safety as it moves a segment of the firing pin out of the way so no matter what you do to it when that segment of the firing pin train is out of the way you're not going to blow anything off. The "C" constant version didn't arouse me for the fact that I could end up blowing something off easier than what I got now since it's always locked and cocked. The trigger though has a good setup to where you truely have to have your finger or something like your finger fully on the trigger when you squeeze like usual. With lack of training though you could hurt yourself with that so be fully aware there as you shouldd be with all weapons also. All in all whether you think u might of made a bad choice, you'll not truely know till you master how to fully handle your weapon where ever you place it. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links