traveling through Canada with a semi-automatic pistol - Page 2

traveling through Canada with a semi-automatic pistol

This is a discussion on traveling through Canada with a semi-automatic pistol within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good luck, let us know. I've done long guns to Canada but handguns seem much more difficult, if not about impossible. How about some powerful ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: traveling through Canada with a semi-automatic pistol

Good luck, let us know. I've done long guns to Canada but handguns seem much more difficult, if not about impossible. How about some powerful bear spray once you cross the border? If you had to use a handgun up there you may never see daylight again anyway.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    EH.....Enter Through Here Please!!
    Attached Images

Sufer, Sure would like to know how this turns out. Have avoided Canada on my motorcycle because I thought I could not take a handgun.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

I would not bet the ranch on being allowed taking a pistol into and across Canada, they are extremely restrictive of firearms, and they probably frown on Americans bringing them to their country unless you are hunting or going to a shooting match. Even then, it is extremely difficult.

I entered Canada only once, from Port Huron, MI to Ontario. The Border Guard gave me the 3rd degree about my guns. After going over my extensive inventory of them, he asked if I had any with me. Replied no, but he wanted to know what I would do with a 9mm pistol which was one of them in my arsenal. Tiring of this Canadian Inquistiton, I told him "We hunt rats in West Virginia, great big rats!" "but Mr. Border Guard, ALL of my firearms are at my home several hundred Kilometers away from here."

He gave me a dirty look, but waved me on to enter their country. I would never, ever attempt bringing a firearm into Canada, paperwork or not.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raytracer View Post
    You can fedex it to yourself at your first Alaska stop before you enter Canada, and do the same for the reverse trip.
    If you manage to do it please let us know, in detail, how it was done. I have used the fedx thing. I put it in a hard plastic case and lined the inside with a whole roll of foil in case of x-ray. Did the same heading south. The nice people at the border searched my bike and gear quite thouroghly, but missed quite a few places where my .45 would have fit. Not worth the risk, I only wanted to pass though Canada, not become a long-term guest.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

You're a brave man, Charlie Brown. Definitely post the results, here, so others who are intending on attempting the same thing can get the full skinny on how it's done.

Good luck.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links