1892 winchester value

1892 winchester value

This is a discussion on 1892 winchester value within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a 1892 Winchester in 32-20 the serial number dates the weapon as being made in 1923 according to proof house. The rifle was ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bmcgilvray

Thread: 1892 winchester value

1892 winchester value

I have a 1892 Winchester in 32-20 the serial number dates the weapon as being made in 1923 according to proof house. The rifle was modified to appear as a hollywood Henry stripped down the finish and sans forearm by the owner previous to me. I am interested in a value any help would be greatly appreciated. After receiving the weapon I cold blued it it also has a new walnut stock installed and oiled fit ment is excellent. The owner had a gunsmith who machined the ledge the forearm rests in so it can not be replaced.

Love Winchester 1892s and also have one in .32-20, a saddle-ring-carbine made in 1896.

Unfortunately yours has been bubba'd about every which-a-way. It's suitability as a shooter is its main strong point now which puts it in about the same catagory as the replica Model 1892s out there. Not seeing photos makes it truly impossible to evaluate but $500 ought to about cover its market value in the condition described.

If it has a good bore then the .32-20 is a dandy cartridge for the handloader. It's a round that deserves another run at popularity. In a late vintage '92 the .32-20 can be loaded to perform just like the .30 Carbine round.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Thank you very much I think it is truly a intersting peice it's very accurate bore is clean. I have 700 rounds of ammo I got with the rifle as well as 2000 lead bullets for reloading and a set of dies would you be able to give an approxament value on the ammo and components as you know the cartridge the ammo I got with it is semi jacketed flat point.

Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Sponsored Links