sig p250 owners opinion

sig p250 owners opinion

This is a discussion on sig p250 owners opinion within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; hey everyone, i have had my sig p250 sub compact .40 s&w for a few months now.i have added the x grip set up were ...

Thread: sig p250 owners opinion

sig p250 owners opinion

hey everyone, i have had my sig p250 sub compact .40 s&w for a few months now.i have added the x grip set up were i get the 13rd capacity and longer grip . i really like it but i am having trouble dealing with the trigger pull. went to the range yesterday with the roommate and we popped off 150 rounds a piece through our pistols. he carries a glock 26 9mm with the grip extenders while i have the p250 sc in .40cal. the problem i am having is my first shot i seem to always pull to the left ( left handed shooter here) and have trouble getting good groups with double tapping and failure to stop drills( double tap to center mass and 1 to the head) i fired approx. 50 rds in 2 visits to the range with the glock and pull off excellent groups with it . i do very well with the sig but tend to pull the first shot of each mag to the left. would the short trigger help? i know it doesnt change the length of the trigger pull but will it give me more control as far as shot placement? i really like the glock and im looking at doing a compact version in 9mm as my next purchase. i dont want to give up on the sig it is a very nice pistol having had a p226 in the past. any help would be greatly appreciated . oh i have so far put 350 rounds therough the sig so far . next sunday my roommate and i are attending a defensive tactics class where we are shooting in excess of 150 rounds in stress shooting enviroment.

Re: sig p250 owners opinion

I have a Sig p250 compact and also had trouble at first. for me is was low to the left. after about 500 rounds of practice I have aclimated pretty well to the Sig. the DAO trigger is definitely a little challenging for double tap drills but once you get used to it they are no problem. practice one handed at about 21 feet for a while. smooth swift pulls or stage and drop. which ever you like better. I use stage and drop for 2 hand and quick smooth for single Hand. its all personal preference. I love my ppks also, but I do not carry it. I carry my Sig. it has never jammed or ftf. it is very accurate and easy to handle. I am comfortable carrying it condition 1 due to the trigger and lack of complexity. best gun I own for daily carry. give it some time. I bet you get used to it. I had a fair amount of buyers remorse until I did. now I would not trade it for anything.
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

You are not getting a consistent grip on the pistol. I think the pistol correction chart will help you. It is for right handed people, but just reverse the chart for left hand. http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...IGHTHANDER.gif

i love the simplicity of the weapon and the ruggedness of it. it literally dissapears on my hip in a iwb holster i use. i wish i had night sights for it. was thinking of doing the exchange kit in .40 just to get the night sights for it.

thanks foxytwo!

i have had 2 failure to feeds but they were with winchester white box ammo. it loves the blazer brass for target shooting and it carries critical duty for out on the town protection

I did like the sub grip because of the thickness but could not get a good purchase on it. Might try the compact frame and just cut the nose down. The Sig forums are full of custom frame bobs like that. If you are using the 15 rd mag with ext that is the same mag and length as the compact. That mag will fit the compact grip frame. Sigsauer.com has the grip frame for 40 bucks or so. Orders over 100 are free shipping.

yes i am thinking of ordering the compact frame and short trigger . i like the cutdown look and the rail plus the square trigger guard looks good too

Re: sig p250 owners opinion

I own a P250F and a P250SC. The heart of the pistol is the trigger/hammer assembly. It is the same for all three models. So it is easy to mix and match. The compact grip as mentioned is just a tad longer on the barrel. Other than that the grip assembly for the SC and C appear identical. Sig also has a medium size SC grip in their parts that has a rail. I only wish they had the concave front on the trigger guard on the SC like on the other two models.

When I got the 40S&W Xchange kit for my SC that came in 9mm, it had the Sig Lights. I think all the Xchange kits have them. A 357Sig P250SC would be a nice addition.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

just a note, the short trigger just moves the trigger back a small amount it does not change the trigger pull. if the trigger is not too far a reach for you it will not help. I thought it made the trigger pull shorter it does not. I did not like it. I swapped back to the standard trigger. also I found using the pad of my finger instead of the first knuckle on the trigger made a huge difference in control.

Sponsored Links