Am I the only one who watches tv/movies and... - Page 4

Am I the only one who watches tv/movies and...

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who watches tv/movies and... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by tokerblue I don't think anyone mentioned it, but I wouldn't mind owning a movie "silencer". I want one of those too! Apparently ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Am I the only one who watches tv/movies and...

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    I don't think anyone mentioned it, but I wouldn't mind owning a movie "silencer".
    I want one of those too! Apparently you can fire 9mm, 40 SW, 45 ACP with just the sound of a pea shooter! Where can I buy this amazing machine??!!!??!!

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Or how many times a semiauto pistol slide locks open on the first shot but miraculously keeps on firing.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

To much time on a person's hands if they care about the mistakes seen in movies/TV shows....

Pssssstttttt, movies and TV shows are not real life......... Just saying..........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Am I the only one who watches tv/movies and...

[edit] never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    To much time on a person's hands if they care about the mistakes seen in movies/TV shows....
    Assumption.

Noticing need not take any more time; it merely occurs during the watching. Same with seeing someone walk by on the street, or catching a grammatical/spelling error in books or newspaper articles, or ...
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post

Pssssstttttt, movies and TV shows are not real life......... Just saying..........
    Disagree. If you are sitting there for the sole purpose of looking for mistakes you are an idiot. But if yo just happen to notice it then that is different.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

IMO, if you're paying attention strongly enough to notice something like that, you're not multitasking (TV plus something useful!) enough!
    Matching your Thanksgiving dinner spending to a DwB (MSF) donation seems poetic to me.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible with this (simple) discovery. Tell the kids about this and "type III levers"! It's an untapped technology...

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    I understand movies like Pulp Fiction. They are typically uneducated bangers, so you expect them not to kn*BANG* why'd you shoot him in the face!!??

Anyway, you have to take the character into account, too. What gets me is watching a show like Strike Back, and seeing poor weapons discipline, although the guys on that show are pretty spot on, thankfully. Seeing someone who's meant to be a highly skilled, trained operator, doing stupid mistakes like poor trigger discipline is what gets my goat.
    MASSIVE likes this.

'Sactly -- I don't pay much attention to presentations that aren't really "based in reality" (Pulp Fiction is a good example of just plain over-the-top 'gangsta action' - as much as I personally loved the film). But in others where they're at least trying to present something more "realistic" things like that are now distractions.

I'm not paying attention and watching for them - They find me.
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    If ya wanna see a great way NOTto handle a revolver watch the cop in Ed Woods "Plan nine from outer space".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links