Where are the quality pistol cartridge carbines? I see a gap in the market.

This is a discussion on Where are the quality pistol cartridge carbines? I see a gap in the market. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had a Marlin 9mm Camp carbine back in the late 80's but needed some money and sold it to a friend. It was a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Where are the quality pistol cartridge carbines? I see a gap in the market.

I had a Marlin 9mm Camp carbine back in the late 80's but needed some money and sold it to a friend. It was a fun little gun to shoot wish I still had it. I agree with farronwolf about lever guns in .357 or .44 magnum, I own a Rossi M92 .357 carbine with a 16 inch barrel, great gun.

2. Remove Ads

Agreed... Smith and Wesson give us a pistol caliber carbine. I can see it now the M&P9pcc either bullpup or magazine in pistol grip design with folding stock. Make it less than 5 lbs with integrated rails and a threaded barrel of course. High cap magazine extensions for m&p mags already exist.
    zonker1986 likes this.

I bought a Marlin lever .357 Magnum carbine...but I have a fair number of 38 and 357 handguns too. I can feed the side-load port from a speed strip pretty darn fast.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I have the Rossi Model 92, 16" barrel lever action carbine in .357Mag/.38SPL.

My semi-auto is the Hi-Point 995ST. It uses Hi-Points magazines. They have only 10 round mags.
    USN Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    On the contrary... they're busy thinking deep thoughts, as mods should. Go mods!
    And Goooooo BROWN-NOSERS!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

It sounds like you've already found what you seek in a Beretta Storm. Barring that, spend the $200 stamp to put a shoulder stock a 10mm GLOCK & you've got one light weight, stone reliable, HARD HITTING, short-barreled carbine.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Click on edit, click on go advanced. Change it your own self... Mods are too lazy... Especially SIXTO.
    I didn't know I could do that!
    Neither did I. Mods are altogether too lazy ... especially SIXTO.

There. I feel much better now.

Marlin Camp 9, Ruger PC9 carbine, KelTec Sub-2000 9mm, Hi-Point 995-series 9mm carbine, UZI UC-9, and various AR-style 9mm carbines (ie, Lone Wolf), among others.

Had a Ruger PC9 for some time and loved it. Scary accurate at any distance. A big pig of a gun, terribly heavy for what it was, shorter/carbine though it happened to be. But a joy to shoot.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Yep, that's the problem with the Uzi, Marlin Camp Guns & Ruger PC9. They're PIG heavy.

I would like to have a carbine (40 cal) but they are harder to fine than shark's teeth.
    My 44 mag Marlin lever action is a great gun, but I DO BELIEVE THERE IS A MARKET
    FOR THIS TYPE CARBINE.

If you want a light-weight carbine in a pistol caliber, there is the excellent Ruger 10/22. After all, there are lots of .22 pistols out there!

In all seriousness, if I'm going to carry a rifle, I want it in a rifle caliber. Lever guns are compact, light weight - and hard hitting. Not sure if a pistol caliber semi auto carbine could do any better.

If you want one for cheap plinking - there's your 10/22.

Everyone wants one - but when they were on the market, evidently no one bought them. Problem was they cost as much as a "real" rifle.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

9mm rifle are most just for having some fun. Your not going to get real long shots with them. I have seen 100yars made with one but I think he was aiming a foot high.
    The storm uses the same mag as the 92F from what I have been told. That is why I will be looking at one. I have a big box full of 92F mags, may as well have weapons that can use them.
    The Hi point 9mm is a good low cost 9mm rifle .
    Current laws being passed I betting some real creative people will be making their own mags that will hold all you want.

I have wanted a Beretta CX-4 for a long time. I had the money and none were available. I ended up spending the money on getting into reloading. About that time there was a run of them released onto the market and I didn't have the money! Then we had an election and a tragedy and now if you can find one they are crazy expensive. Maybe someday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links