Dan Wesson Valor 1911 Stainless

This is a discussion on Dan Wesson Valor 1911 Stainless within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi all! I'm just itching to buy this gun. Hell, I'm just itching to buy a 1911 in general and my research has led to ...

Hi all!

I'm just itching to buy this gun. Hell, I'm just itching to buy a 1911 in general and my research has led to me this particular weapon. I'm looking to get a 1911 for range use. I already have a Sig P226 for home defense and a Kahr P9 for concealed use, so this gun is intended to be something for fun and something I might carry on rare occasions. I'm looking to buy the stainless and not the black version because it's way cheaper ($400 less) and also because it looks so shiny and amazing!

Anyone else have this gun? Am I crazy for wanting to get this thing? It will be my first 45 and I'm looking for a classic looking 1911 45 with amazing trigger that I'll enjoy firing at the range and fondling when the wife isn't looking. I've also fired the Sig 1911, which I loved, and various Kimbers which I also enjoyed but didn't really like the looks of.

Looking for advice. I can pick this up for $1500 or so before tax. Good buy? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks all!

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Outstanding choice. Prices have really shot up lately, though.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Good luck getting anyone to talk you out of that gun. I would buy it in a heartbeat. I have heard they are great guns, and with the exception of prices, never a bad thing about em.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Hard to beat a DW. I have the DW CBOB, I just wish I shoot as good as it does.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Fantastic choice in your first 1911. Dan Wesson is among the top of the line in production 1911s.

If you decide to look at other brands in that price range, I would suggest looking at STI's Trojan, Rangemaster or Legacy line, the Colt Gold Cup models, Springfield TRP.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Links