Home invasion in gunless Australia?

This is a discussion on Home invasion in gunless Australia? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hows that gun ban working for you guys over there? http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...246095628.html That doggie needs a steak:...

Thread: Home invasion in gunless Australia?

Hows that gun ban working for you guys over there?
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...246095628.html

That doggie needs a steak:

Since outlawing guns apparently hasn't worked maybe they will now try to outlaw the family dog. After all, they don't seem to have done enough to leave honest people completely defensless.
    Last edited by havegunjoe; October 10th, 2006 at 01:33 PM.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

that dog is a hero.
    I have 3 dogs, and I'd want to protect them as much as they protect me.

isn't it obvious that strict gun laws do nothing to disarm the criminals?
    they only leave the law-abiding defenseless.

I know this is clear and obvious to us, but I just needed to say it (again) for my own sanity.

I wonder how the BGs got there hands on a gun? I thought guns were outlawed there? One neighbor they interviewed said he had been robbed twice himself, I wonder why? Maybe because the BGs know they're defenseless. How many people here can say they have been robbed, let alone robbed twice?

It is "funny". Not haha but ironic.

Aust. and G. Britain are both islands. Should be easy to control what comes into the country right.

And yet, even with their complete bans, guns are still getting onto the islands.

Which goes to show you, gun bans don't work and the BG's will always get guns.

Sorry, just can't understand the intense stupidity that seems to be running rampant with governemnts, especially ours (USA).

Wayne

maybe Australian PD needs more backup....

Assistant Administrator
    Another thing Wayne - which seems too often forgotten, is that there are enough guns tucked away to keep the criminal fraternity in firearms for the foreseable future!!!

UK, island, yes and a small one but, with 1,000's of miles of coastline so - smuggling also an easy way in, and always will be.

Aus' - island but a huge one - continent in fact but again - still a huge coastline to police.

So - with what is ''already there'' and what can come in the back door - guns will be in supply illegally for ever. Same here of course and so gun bans will only ever affect the law abiding folks - those who need and deserve a means to answer back against the crooks - the potentially always armed crooks.

Rampant Gov stupidity? Oh yes - that's for sure - other than a pretence at stupidity and lack of logic so as to further the ''control'' aspect for its own sake. It's all about agendas
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

or maybe... or the british version...

Sounds alot like my sheperd. I hope he would protect his FAMILY. I did not train this dog to protect. More of the wifes idea. I am relying on his natural instinks. Like the one in the story.

It is a shame that the people of countries like the UK and Austrailia are either so brainwashed, or so stupid, that they won't fight for the right to defend their own lives with the best available tools by changing the laws to get their gun rights back. How long will they continue to be victimized before they have had enough?

I just can't understand what is wrong with them. It's pure an complete idiocy IMO.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

they will never have ENOUGH. It will ALWAYS be just wait a little bit longer it will work. can you say BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by .45forme View Post
    they will never have ENOUGH. It will ALWAYS be just wait a little bit longer it will work. can you say BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Yep. Just look up some of the things communist russia did. Killing people who spoke out about how production was failing... constantly saying "after this temporary national emergency...", all the while never questioning their corrupt policies. Gun control policies would be no diffferent. After every gun, bullet, shell, zipgun, and knife are illegal, their policy would still work if it weren't for a "a few minor temporary setbacks due to the corrupt human nature". BULLCRAP!

The policy is corrupt, not human nature. Accept responsibility and grow, you jackass gun grabbers.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

...we are NOT a free people.

Sponsored Links