Video: O'Reilly Asks Costas About Gun Comments on Fox News

This is a discussion on Video: O'Reilly Asks Costas About Gun Comments on Fox News within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by bmcgilvray "O'Reilly, RE the RKBA: the government gave the right to bear arms." Well that's dumb. The people reserved that right for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Video: O'Reilly Asks Costas About Gun Comments on Fox News

  1. #16
    VIP Member
    Array archer51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    21,085
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    "O'Reilly, RE the RKBA: the government gave the right to bear arms."

    Well that's dumb. The people reserved that right for themselves.
    Well, no one has ever accused O'Reilly of being the sharpest knife in the drawer. However, I would say he's better than Costas, who while he may be playing with a full deck, I think about half the cards are blank!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

    USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    25,797
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrdrnr View Post
    What I dont understand, which I think most of us do, is why do people blame and inanimate object???
    IMO ...

    Because most folks will believe whatever they are told, particularly if told over and over again. Combine that with the "if it bleeds, it leads" hype in faux-news "reporting" done by many media organizations, then you get a perfect storm: willing accomplices to brainwashing, and willing brains.

    Simply, I'd say, the receptivity of most folks comes down to naive A-B-C "thinking": if guns are loud and can hurt people, and criminals carry guns, then all guns can pose a threat. Ignores the obvious facts that most who have guns aren't criminals. But it spoils the "thinking" to worry about those little details.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  4. #18
    Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kernersville NC
    Posts
    1,388
    It must be all true .... it's on the internet...and you can't put anything on the internet that's not true....Bonjour....
    darbo likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

  5. #19
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coopersville
    Posts
    10,608
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    IMO ...

    Because most folks will believe whatever they are told, particularly if told over and over again.
    BINGO.
    "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State."
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

    "There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

  6. #20
    Member Array carracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Nampa, Id.
    Posts
    403
    Given the criminal history of players in the Pro Football community I think we would be better off regulating and requiring background checks on pro football players to be allowed to play.
    darbo likes this.

  7. #21
    Ex Member Array Bullet1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    963
    Bob Costas can decide for HIMSELF and NO ONE ELSE,,,, if he wishes NOT TO CARRY OR
    HAVE WEAPONS,,,, so be it,,, (bet he has bodyguards????) BUT HE DOES NOT HAVE THE
    RIGHT TO DECIDE FOR ME & YOU,,,,, be he wants the POWER,,,, THAT IS THE PROBLEM.
    SCXDm9 likes this.

  8. #22
    Member Array Glhadiator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    284
    Years ago it became apparent, for myself at least, that most of the people in the media and politicians are far removed from the common person and everyday life.

    I am disgusted when I hear one of them say, "What Americans want.." Costas is one of those people. And because he is on TV he believes that he is a spokesperson for America. To defend my viewpoint on this you need only to listen to them.

    I have hundreds of statistics loaded on my smartphone so I can enlighten people on the real facts when I hear them spewing talking points they heard on TV. But it's just as ccw9mm stated, they have heard something over and over and believe it to be truth. I think we are in greater danger from the TV culture more than anything else. People are lazy, they want to be taken down the easy path.

    I wish a life free of fear and danger for Costas. I hope that he never has to tremble in fear and beg for his life or the lives of his family from some scumbag that wants something he has. I hope that his ivory tower never crumbles to the ground because it is unlikely that we will have any sympathy for him.

    I am pleased that he mentioned all the angry emails he recieved in the last 72hrs. One of them was from me. In fact I think I will send him another one. Subject line: What Bob Costas wants...

    Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

  9. #23
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    25,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Glhadiator View Post
    I think we are in greater danger from the TV culture more than anything else.
    Edward R. Murrow said it fairly succinctly, back in 1958, about this threat:


    "This instrument can teach, it can illuminate; yes, and it can even inspire. But it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it to those ends. Otherwise it is merely wires and lights in a box. There is a great and perhaps decisive battle to be fought against ignorance, intolerance and indifference. This weapon of television could be useful."
    bmcgilvray and aus71383 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  10. #24
    VIP Member Array peckman28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,074
    Just when it seemed I couldn't get more disgusted with both Costas and O'Reilly. Costas deserved to be dragged through the ringer; instead O'Reilly agrees with "most of" what he says. Disgusting.

  11. #25
    Senior Member Array Cokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    957
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

  12. #26
    Moderator
    Array bmcgilvray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,895
    Does Costa now want to ban alcoholic beverages? If his reasoning for placing firearms restrictions or bans on American citizens is sound then it logically applies to alcohol as well.

    But wait! That was once accomplished in 1919 with the 18th amendment to the Constitution of the United States. After a 14-year run, Prohibition was judged to be pretty much a bust. The 18th amendment was repealed with the 21st amendment. Banning alcohol makes more sense to me personally than does banning firearms but that's for a separate discussion. In any event, personal responsibility plays a big part with either alcohol or firearms.

    On yet another topic, the 21st amendment could be an instructive study on the proper way to repeal the 2nd amendment.

    Things happen.
    OD* likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

    Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

  13. #27
    Member Array wingryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    26.36, -81.26
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Does Costa now want to ban alcoholic beverages?
    Even more accurately he would want to ban vehicles. After all, the death was caused by a vehicle... driven by a drunk Football player.
    Glock 26 Gen3 (EDC)
    Glock 21 Gen2 (HD)

  14. #28
    Senior Member Array Cokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    957
    You know how many NFL players drive cars these days? It's a real problem.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

  15. #29
    Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    You know how many NFL players drive cars these days? It's a real problem.
    I was thinking the same thing. I saw the story and was wondering if there would be an outcry durring this weeks games against alcohol abuse or wreckless driving, or dangerous "assault vehicles" in the NFL.

    I'm guessing there will be nothing.
    Walk softly ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

bill oreilly says colonists needed guns to protect from native americans
,
bob costas bill o'riley
,

bob costas o'riley

,
costa oreilly guns
,
costas on oreilly about guns video
,

costas orileiy video

,
costas oriley video
,

costas riley bet

,
oreilly and costa interview
,
riley costas
Click on a term to search for related topics.