Video: O'Reilly Asks Costas About Gun Comments on Fox News

This is a discussion on Video: O'Reilly Asks Costas About Gun Comments on Fox News within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Video: O'Reilly Asks Costas About Gun Comments on Fox News

Video: O'Reilly Asks Costas About Gun Comments on Fox News

2. Remove Ads

Bob Costas is a huge idiot.

He thinks we shouldn't be allowed to protect ourselves because we "may get in a fight due to someone stepping on someone's foot when in line" and that breaking out in a firefight. What a moron.

"Far more often bad things happen" than someone using a gun appropriately, is what he says. He's misinformed.

He speaketh of which he knoweth not.

Unfortunatley, Bill is only a little less of an idiot. He let Costas get off with most of this.
    fail_187 likes this.

Thanks for posting the link.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Short of waiting for the transcripts, here's a brief summary of some the highlights of comments on this evening's O'Reilly interview (from the above video):

• Costas, RE the RKBA in his previous "Whitlock" comments: obviously people have the right; I am not pushing to repeal the 2A; I didn't call for any specific prohibition on guns; I never used the term "gun control".

• O'Reilly, RE the RKBA: the government gave the right to bear arms.

• Costas, RE guns in general: there should be more-comprehensive and effective controls on the sale of guns; there should be harsher penalties; there should be training requirements; there shouldn't be civilian access allowed for body armor, automatic weapons ... none of which impinges on a person's RKBA.

• Costas, RE the "gun culture": With so many guns out there, far more often bad things happen (including unintentional things) than things where the presence of a gun diminishes [the threat/risk of a situation]. His example was that he couldn't think of a single instance in which an NFL player protected himself successfully with a firearm, but he could think of many instances when a gun resulted in bad things happening.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Pittsburgh Steeler James Harrison had a little to say today as well:James Harrison says KC tragedy not a gun problem | ProFootballTalk
    fail_187, darbo and Lish like this.

I can't stand blaming equipment and tools for the problems that occur when people misuse them. And I especially can't stand ignorant people saying put in more rules and regulations. Yeah because criminals follow all of the rules and regulations right? Are people really that ignorant or just that stupid?
    RichB70, Bark'n and darbo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Are people really that ignorant or just that stupid?
    Both in my experience.

Hope you watched O'riley last night. The O'Reilly Factor - Bill O'Reilly - Fox News

Listen at :23 The real jerk, IMO, is Whitlock.
    darbo likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Hummmmmm....... well, it's America..... so , he's entitled to his opinion.

He may be semi-correct, in a gun culture within Sports..... but, I also remember a couple of players who defended themselves from home invasions and shot the intruders, and are here today to talk about it since they had a gun to defend themselves.

Ok... now my .02 cents...... I disagree with Costa , and cannot buy the logic, rationale, nor even his facts that he presents nor one iota of his argument ....... 40% of all guns are sold without a background check in the USA ? Where the heck does that garbage come from ??

Then in the most ironic statement says .... "yes, there's a lot of security here" .... (referring to Fox news). So, he feels good when there is a lot of security around ? Hummmmm, I think he just lost his own argument.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

"O'Reilly, RE the RKBA: the government gave the right to bear arms."

Well that's dumb. The people reserved that right for themselves.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    "O'Reilly, RE the RKBA: the government gave the right to bear arms."

Well that's dumb. The people reserved that right for themselves.
    Yup. On this question, so many people don't have the first clue. If I were to guess, I'd bet that O'Reilly actually believes the government gave that right (as he said), instead of the fact that it's a preexisting right of the people in which the 2A reflects a guarantee that nobody will infringe, abrogate or otherwise butcher the right of the people to arm themselves if they so choose.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member

Re: Video: O'Reilly Asks Costas About Gun Comments on Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by BillK01 View Post
    Pittsburgh Steeler James Harrison had a little to say today as well:James Harrison says KC tragedy not a gun problem | ProFootballTalk
    Nice. Knew he was a collector, glad he spoke up.
    past60 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I didn't watch the whole thing - closed the tab once O'Reilly said something along the lines of, "There are two reasons for the second amendment - protection from tyranny, and because they were going to go out west and there weren't going to be any laws or anything and they needed the guns to protect themselves from BEARS and native americans they didn't want coming on their property"

lol

wow. I'm so glad I don't watch TV. What an idiot!

Austin

What I dont understand, which I think most of us do, is why do people blame and inanimate object??? I mean in and of itself the gun (or knife or whatever) is not good or bad, dangerous or not dangerous. It is the person who holds the object that makes it useful, not useful, dangerous or otherwise.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    I have NEVER bought a gun at a gun store without a backround check
    Costas said 40% of all guns get sold without this check .....
    Im curious where this is true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links