Sw40gp?

Sw40gp?

This is a discussion on Sw40gp? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There is a guy selling a Smith and Wesson "SW40GP" in my town. I cant seem to find any information on it on google and ...

Thread: Sw40gp?

S&W Sigma?

There is a guy selling a Smith and Wesson "SW40GP" in my town. I cant seem to find any information on it on google and gunbroker.com. I even tried the SW website but cant find it.

**edit- After alittle more digging I have come to believe this is a Sigma series semi. I guess there arent to many good things said about the earlier models or the triggers.

Its OD Green with a black slide. Comes with 2 Mags and the guy said he bought it used but has never fired it himself. Asking price is $275.

Any information on this gun or if its a good deal would help. Thanks!

blare

Last edited by blare; October 10th, 2006 at 08:53 PM.

Lead Moderator
    Looks like a Sigma series. Buy at you own risk.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

It is a 3rd generation Sigma. The 40GP is a black stainless steel slide with nightsights.

I have a 40VE which is the same thing but normal stainless and no nightsights. Mine has 3000+ rounds through it with no problems at all. It is my night stand / home defense / winter carry gun. $275 is a good price for an unfired gun. Buy it!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

$275 isn't a bad price, but the guns were never regarded very well by most anyone that ever bought a Sigma of any generation or caliber. I haven't shot one myself, but I am not impressed with its overall construction and appearance. That in and of itself is enough to keep me looking.

And then there's that 30 lb. trigger pull.

That's an exaggeration of course, but they do have a very heavy pull.

I handled a couple in gun stores and had the chance to shoot a magazine through one. After just one magazine my trigger finger had the beginning of a blister. If I had shot 4 or 5 more mags with this gun, I'm sure I would have had a nice little blister on my finger.

thanks guys. I'll probably just buy an XD for christmas instead.

We use em at our Dept...I recently qualified w/an 90.6%. Don't believe it when you hear that a Sigma won't shoot! Grantwed the trigger is a bit heavy, if you can shoot DA revolver, you can shoot a Sigma. Believe me, one is on my short list, right after a 1911 and a Kel tec p3at(or P32).

Those are at or under $300 new I bleieve. If he bought it used it's probably not unfired, just unfired by him so maybe not really that great of a deal?

If you want an XD it's only $200 more brand new and Christmas ain't to far off. Perhaps try to find a range that has one (Sigma) for rent and decide if you like it.

Links