is brownells.com a good site for replacement parts?

This is a discussion on is brownells.com a good site for replacement parts? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; i want to get a set of back up springs among other things. their prices are lower than buying them from manufacturer. are they good ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: is brownells.com a good site for replacement parts?

is brownells.com a good site for replacement parts?

i want to get a set of back up springs among other things. their prices are lower than buying them from manufacturer. are they good quality?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Brownells has excellent customer service but they are usually somewhat expensive on some of the things they carry. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee so if you're not happy with what you get, I'm sure you'll get a refund. I bought a parts kit that was missing a part I needed and it contained a part that I didn't need and they had my missing part rushed to me in about 2-days. I have always been very pleased with Brownells.
    OD* likes this.

Good Guys.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Excellent site, great customer service - at a slightly higher price. The company is RARELY out of stock, unless you are looking for a really obscure part.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Never heard but good about Brownells, and I've always found parts I couldn't other places and had the best customer service from them. I would highly recommend them.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I have delt with them many many times over the years; nothing but satisfied.

Great customer service and you get your order fast. They may be a little higher on some things than other sites, but their lower shipping rates usually make up for it.

what are some other sites that i should check?

Good company, service, and quick shipping. Prices are higher than Midway, which I've also had very good experience with. My impression is that Brownells has catered to the gunsmiths for years, and most just go directly to them for everything they buy. Midway doesn't have that customer base built up, and consequently, usually tends to be more competitive. Usually it's the same stuff. They will tell you the manufacturer of the springs, often they are OEM.

Someone stated that Brownells shipping rates were lower, but I've found the opposite to be true. That may be just due to where you are located though. In my experience, their shipping was pretty high, but I had it in less than 2 days too.

Administrator
    I have been dealing with them for 20 years. They are one of the best and most honest and helpful outfits in the United States. Phone your order in so that you can request a catalog at the same time. It is EXTREMELY worthwhile getting their catalog. You'll see WHY once you get it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Good outfit. They carry a lot of parts (both OEM and aftermarket) and generally have things that you would have a time finding with other companies. All this and good, quick service. They are on the pricey side.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Senior Moderator
    Speaking of Brownells,
    on the springs....

I just ordered 2 spring kits. One of them has over 100 springs and one of them has 150. They are a bag of both light and heavy duty springs in various lengths, wire diameters and tension.

They have every size that a gun uses and they are less than 25 bucks each. They are great to have around if you tinker with guns alot like I do.

For the times that you launch a small spring across the room at light speed never to be seen again, having one right there saves time and the frustration of spending hours trying to find it.
    (Not that I've ever done that) but I have heard of it happening.
    atctimmy likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Speaking of Brownells,
    on the springs....

I just ordered 2 spring kits. One of them has over 100 springs and one of them has 150. They are a bag of both light and heavy duty springs in various lengths, wire diameters and tension.

They have every size that a gun uses and they are less than 25 bucks each. They are great to have around if you tinker with guns alot like I do.

For the times that you launch a small spring across the room at light speed never to be seen again, having one right there saves time and the frustration of spending hours trying to find it.
    do you have a link to this bag of springs?

NMB
    Midway USA and Brownells are top notch. I have ordered all sorts of things from both and have never had a bad experience.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

I've done that more than once.....
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links