New gun, now I have to wait

This is a discussion on New gun, now I have to wait within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am a PA resident, but bought a new RIA 1911 today in WV. The manager of the "foreign" gun shop said he'll try and ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By .45acpguy

Thread: New gun, now I have to wait

I am a PA resident, but bought a new RIA 1911 today in WV. The manager of the "foreign" gun shop said he'll try and have it to his guy in PA by tomorrow, but it could take until Tuesday at the latest. I figured I would have to wait a few days, but this sucks. I'd hate to live in a state that has those ridiculous waiting periods for everything. Also, the laws regarding out of state handgun sales are pretty dumb.

It only comes with one Novak magazine, so I'll be buying some more right away. I guess I'm also obligated to post pics once I do take possession of it.

I wish I could buy a gun and take it home right away. WI has a 48 hour wait period for hand guns.

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    I wish I could buy a gun and take it home right away. WI has a 48 hour wait period for hand guns.
    That is a 48 hour infringement of your 2nd Amendment Right.
    Mr B and blitzburgh like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    I am a PA resident, but bought a new RIA 1911 today in WV. The manager of the "foreign" gun shop said he'll try and have it to his guy in PA by tomorrow, but it could take until Tuesday at the latest. I figured I would have to wait a few days, but this sucks. I'd hate to live in a state that has those ridiculous waiting periods for everything. Also, the laws regarding out of state handgun sales are pretty dumb.

It only comes with one Novak magazine, so I'll be buying some more right away. I guess I'm also obligated to post pics once I do take possession of it.
    I'm confused. Your profile says WV. The only wait time is the shipping time from one dealer to the other. If you in PA like you say, the PICS should give them approval in a matte of minutes.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I'm confused. Your profile says WV. The only wait time is the shipping time from one dealer to the other. If you in PA like you say, the PICS should give them approval in a matte of minutes.
    I'm a PA resident living in WV for school. I bought a handgun at a store in WV, now I'm just waiting for it to ship to a place in PA, where I'll spend ten minutes doing the paperwork before driving back to where I bought it to shoot it. I've never done a transfer like this before, so I just mused that I would hate to live in a state where waiting is the norm.

Links