Skyfall Wather PPk

Skyfall Wather PPk

This is a discussion on Skyfall Wather PPk within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; New James Bond Skyfall trailer reveals hand recognition Walther PPK (video) - Pocket-lint Can anyone tell me where I can find this gun? My buddies ...

Thread: Skyfall Wather PPk

Skyfall Wather PPk

New James Bond Skyfall trailer reveals hand recognition Walther PPK (video) - Pocket-lint

Can anyone tell me where I can find this gun? My buddies wife wants one.

Its a movie prop.

Similar prototypes have been developed by various gun companies, but never work, for a variety of issues.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Just looks like they took of the writing on the slide, added some funky grips, added a fake selector under the de-cocker and as far as that fingerprint recognition technology, no thanks!
    I have mine in stainless. Though I do need to swap out those plastic grips...
    Jim

VIP Member
    One thing (of very few) that I didn't like about the movie. The PPK is iconic, and the inclusion of "gee whiz" gadgetry is a hallmark of the franchise, but it seemed silly to introduce it (the PPK) as the "supergun" of the Bond universe this deep into the newest re-boot, especially after he has used so many "better" weapons already so far. A nod to the history of the character, but not very "realistic."
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    Well, if I ever need to make a 1/4 mile shot through the eye, then I guess a PPK chambered in .380 is the gun I'll have to get.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I do not know how familiar you are with the Walther series of handguns but there can be potential concerns with a .380 PPK/S.

1) the infamous Walter slide bite. You have to be cautious with how high you place your grip or the slide will cut the webbing between your thumb and index finger.

2) because of the blowback design, the .380 recoil is a little snappy.

3) racking the slide on a .380 is harder, especially for women.

The Walther 7.65mm PP and PPK were introduced in the early 1930's. The PP and PPK failed the 'points' scheme of the 1968 Gun Control Act so Walther combined a PP frame with a PPK slide to create the PPK/S in .380 ACP for the American market.

Interarms imported German made PPK/S until the mid-70's and then under license from Walther began manufacture in the US at the Ranger plant in Alabama. When the owner of Interarms died in the late 1990's, the family did not wish to continue so the license went to S&W in Houlton, ME.

S&W re-designed the frame with a larger/longer tang to address the slide bite issue. S&W has had some reliability and manufacturing problems including one recall.

Walther affectionado's would rank the manufacturing quality of Germany made Walthers first, followed by Manurhin (France) made, then Interarms/Ranger and lastly S&W made.

I have a pre-war Zella-Mehlis .22 cal. Walther PP, a 1965 polizei surplus 7.65mm Walther PP and an Interarms .380 PPK/S.

If I were to recommend a first Walther purchase it would be a Ulm Germany made 7.65mm [.32 ACP] Walther PP. They are going to hard to find and it may take awhile but check LGS's, Pawn Shops, Gun shows and online auctions. For a 90-95%, expect to pay $500-$700.

Other good sources are Walther - Simpson Ltd. - Collectors Firearms or the Trading Post at Trading Post / Parts Bin - WaltherForums

The original James Bond Walther gun was a 7.65mm PPK.

Quote Originally Posted by violinjim View Post
    added a fake selector under the de-cocker and as far as that fingerprint recognition technology, no thanks!
    Jim
    I didn't think it had finger print technology. I did think if they were getting recognition they might make a skyfall edition that looks like the gun in the movie (grips, ect..). She is a woman. It has to look good not be functional! ROFL

LCP or LC9 ? Did you check into those.

Sponsored Links