Springfield Armory Store

This is a discussion on Springfield Armory Store within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As you may or may not know, Springfield Armory Store had their magazines on sale this past week. I ordered 2 XD9 magazines. Springfield Armory ...

Thread: Springfield Armory Store

Springfield Armory Store

As you may or may not know, Springfield Armory Store had their

magazines on sale this past week. I ordered 2 XD9 magazines.

Springfield Armory Store refused to sell them to me, they said my

name did not match the mailing address associated with my card.

The bank I use said this was bunk. I am very disappointed in my

very first attempt to do business with Springfield Armory!

2. Remove Ads

Do you get your statements at your residence, or a P.O.Box? Do you have the bills for that card sent to your office? I only mention those things because I have had them happen to me in the past.

Good luck with your issue.

BTW - Welcome to the forum!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I have statement mailed to my house, same address Springfield Armory quoted to me and same address the bank quoted when I called them. Thanks!

StarPD45
    I have this problem all of the time. I don't get mail at home. All mail goes to my PO box. Been doing that for 30 years+. Sometimes it takes some explaining to businesses. It's one reason I don't use PayPal. You can't ship to another address.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Try ordering again. You may get a different "salesman". Also there is the possibility that the sales rep put your information in wrong, a misspelled word or switched a couple of numbers. It happens. In 1984 my dad had a problem with an out of town bank. He was trying to cash a check in order to buy a car. My dad gave the bank rep his store's account number. The bank rep claimed there had been no activity on that account for 3 years. Things got worse the more we tryed to get him to recheck his work. After I informed him I was a PI and would notify the local FBI office to find out what was going on and a bank manager came over to see what the problem was he finally recheck his work. He switched 2 numbers in the account. He nearly fell out when he saw how much was in that account. Something like this could have easily happened. Call them again and reorder.
    Last edited by Black Knight; December 8th, 2012 at 10:29 PM.

I have had constant problems with my address not matching up to GPS data bases causing the same type of problem you are having. According to mapping programs and GPS units, my house is around the corner from where it actually is and the street name is spelled incorrectly. My mortgage company and I went several rounds about the same issue when they would not pay my homeowners insurance. I had to get notorized documents from my local insurance agent and the county to prove that my house is where it is and not where GPS says it is. Most frustrating....

I occasionally have problems like this because my permanent residence (billing address) is in PA, but I'll get things shipped to my apartment in WV where I stay while school is in session. If it causes a red flag in someone's system, they'll usually just call and make sure the purchase is legit.

I had that happen on a different website on Black Friday. A card I've used before online successfully and the website was telling me that the address did not match my recorded billing address (which it does). Unfortunately I don't know of any way to get that to work except maybe call them.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

I had that happen to me as well once. After significant research, I found I had made a typo when I entered my address, it red flagged their system, and tossed up the error. The costumer service just saw the error, not what I had entered, nor the correct billing address. I was told they couldn't see it as a security measure to prevent my information from being stolen. Anyway, after talking with a manager, he cleared the error - and allowed me to re-enter the order. It worked the second time. I guess the error was tied to the bank card to prevent multiple attempts with the card.

This was not at Springfield Armory Store or any gun store - so I don't know what is going on there.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Links