Strange phenomenon after shooting my PF9...

This is a discussion on Strange phenomenon after shooting my PF9... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, I bought a Keltec PF9 to serve as my EDC. Since then, I have put about 350 rounds through it to start breaking it ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Noluck7

Thread: Strange phenomenon after shooting my PF9...

So, I bought a Keltec PF9 to serve as my EDC. Since then, I have put about 350 rounds through it to start breaking it in. After having bought the PF9, I hadn't been taking my full size M&P 40 to the range because I was putting my money into 9mm ammo. Anyway, prior to buying the PF9 I had been shooting my M&P quite a bit. I always seem to shoot it low left.

Well, I finally bought some more .40 ammo for it and took it to the range the other day to shoot both guns. Low and behold, after shooting my PF9 for a while, I was now shooting dead on with my M&P. What is up with that? I know the recoil is completely different with the 2 guns, but I didn't perceive myself to be shooting differently before or after owning the PF9. I am not convinced it has anything to do with it, but I feel like my shooting technique is much better all of a sudden.

Any thoughts out there as to why this might be the case? More curious than anything else.

Practice makes perfect. No matter what you do (shooting, lovemaking, work, etc, etc) the more you "do it", the better you get.

End of story.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Practice does make perfect. But I might also add using the heavier double action trigger of the pf-9. The better trigger of your m&p just got easier and better. Just my thoughts.

Shooting low left, is usually an indication of jerking your finger when you are pulling the trigger. I don't think I coudl "jerk" my finger shooting a PF9, and maybe it helped you to quit doing it .
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I have wondered if it was the difference in triggers as well. Thanks guys. I am sure practice has helped, but probably hasn't made a huge difference with just another 350 rounds.

I am definitely not griping. Very happy that I am shooting better!

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    NoLuck7, google "shooting target corrector" it might help explain the phenomenon.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Now the next step is to sell the M&P and buy a 9mm one so you can use the same ammo in both guns
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Sell a perfectly good gun? Guns are like the box of highly recommended holsters that most of us hide away, we keep them all, the same with guns, how else can you justify buying a larger safe. LOL
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I have actually considered buying the Stormlake 9mm barrel for my M&P. I think they are around $70 on Midway.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.

PF-9's take a good bit of time and concentration to master. Shoot a PF-9 with a bad hold or limp wristing will result in a very bad range session.
    I'd guess that all that work you put into the PF-9 is now paying off when you shoot the M&P.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Shooting long heavy DAO triggers will improve your technique shooting with other types of triggers. God Bless

Links