Clueless delusional blogger on guns. Duct tape your head before reading!

This is a discussion on Clueless delusional blogger on guns. Duct tape your head before reading! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Lish Fear and upbringing can be hard to get over - if she's on the fence or scared or as she said ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Clueless delusional blogger on guns. Duct tape your head before reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    Fear and upbringing can be hard to get over - if she's on the fence or scared or as she said - doesn't think she can shoot another human being, then she's right, she shouldn't own a gun. Hopefully she'll change her mind set, take a good course and get comfortable at the range.
    She can change her mind with time. There was a time I didn't want guns in the house and my husband had been through the sheriffs academy. I didn't think I would be able to shoot anyone so I had nothing to do with guns. A few more years and a lot more crime has changed my mind on both counts.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

2. Remove Ads

Since she is so scared of guns, she is probably right not to want them in her house. In the hands of someone with such a high level of anxiety, they can actually be dangerous. Where I have a BIG problem with her, is when she says she is an enthusiastic gun control supporter. Refusing to have them in her house is her choice, and she has every right to make it. She has NO right to impose that on me or anyone else. I was glad to see her comments in response to some of her readers though, she doesn't seem entirely hopeless.
    bigmacque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    She can change her mind with time. There was a time I didn't want guns in the house and my husband had been through the sheriffs academy. I didn't think I would be able to shoot anyone so I had nothing to do with guns. A few more years and a lot more crime has changed my mind on both counts.
    I'm not saying she can't. I didn't want one in my house for a long time either and didn't think I could shoot anyone. Until someone tried to break in. I realized I'd do anything to protect my kids and started learning to shoot the next day!

If she doesn't want a gun in the house is fine with me..That she doesn't want me to have a gun in the house isn't...
    pgrass101 and goldshellback like this.

IMHO, she (the blogger) is neither clueless nor delusional. She simply represents an opinion & a mindset that is more common than we can possibly understand (or are willing to admit), and she represents her position quite well. Brothers & Sisters please take note that her correct use of our language and her well-framed arguments could more effectively sway the position of a "gun-neutral" voter than many of the misspelled, poorly-written, weakly validated opinions regularly witnessed...on this forum. If we are to remain effective in the defense of our stance on firearms, we MUST be at least as eloquent as the other side.
    Hoganbeg and Rollo like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    I doubt I’ll ever get a gun for myself, and am currently standing firm in not allowing a gun in my house.

Read more: So my husband wants me to get a gun | Washington Times Communities
    Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter
    Unless she is making the house payments and her husband contributes nothing to the family income, it is not just her house. It sounds to me her husband needs to grow a set.
    bigmacque and blitzburgh like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

When I stumble upon "anti-gun" blogs that people post in forums I usually walk away from reading them feeling pretty enraged however, this went better than expected.
    Molon Labe

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Not sure if the husband needs to grow a set, but he does need to remind her that her own self-preservation is as much a desire on his part to have her stick around for a few years as it is to let her know it's okay to defend herself.

But I commented on the article and said I defend her decision. First off, it's her decision, just as mine to carry a gun is my decision. Also, as many others have pointed out in this thread, just getting a gun doesn't make her safe if she's untrained and afraid to use it. I just hope she can spend some time learning enough to see the other side of the debate.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Unless she is making the house payments and her husband contributes nothing to the family income, it is not just her house. It sounds to me her husband needs to grow a set.

Can you make someone drive a car if they don't want too? He can have a gun but that doesn't mean that she will use it.

It seems to me that she has been drilled since birth that guns are dangerous, she just needs to realize that cars that are capable of driving faster than 80mph are dangerous too.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Same publication, different perspective found here.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Well, I agree she should not have a gun at this time. Both she and her husband need to get a serious education in how they are putting themselves at risk; for instance, they both told the drunk they didn't have any money rather than refuting his claim. They tacitly admitted that they owe the money. The guy now has a reason to return.

She didn't want to yell at that hour? Hell yes, if it turns ugly, I want everybody to know that something is going down! She didn't call the police until she had time to think about it. The list of errors in judgement goes on.

We all know that awareness and preparation are the key elements to being safe. Those are what they both need to seriously consider.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    In my opinion, what we have here is a person that clearly has no experience with handling and using a firearm and in that ignorance, finds solace in easily regurgitating the clueless opinions of her peers in viewpoint (Costas). However, I don't think she is unwilling. A quick read through the comments reveals that her mind is more than open to the idea of getting that experience via instruction.

Her comments in the comment section (that I saw anyways) pretty much disagreed with what she said in the post.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

With the exception of her Costas comment, her opinion is fine. She is allowed to be a victim. That is her decision, as long as I am able to make my won decisions, I won't infringe on hers. What is most sad is that she realizes it in the moment. How many deceased NOW think the same thing. Truly sad...for them, not me.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    IMHO, she (the blogger) is neither clueless nor delusional. She simply represents an opinion & a mindset that is more common than we can possibly understand (or are willing to admit), and she represents her position quite well. Brothers & Sisters please take note that her correct use of our language and her well-framed arguments could more effectively sway the position of a "gun-neutral" voter than many of the misspelled, poorly-written, weakly validated opinions regularly witnessed...on this forum. If we are to remain effective in the defense of our stance on firearms, we MUST be at least as eloquent as the other side.
    Wow... Couldn't have stated this better myself if I had taken a week to work out what I wanted to communicate. If your ever in Indiana I will buy you a beer.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Wow... Couldn't have stated this better myself if I had taken a week to work out what I wanted to communicate. If your ever in Indiana I will buy you a beer.
    Well THAT'S mighty nice of you. As much as I like both beer & folks from Indiana, I'll shoot a flair when next I'm headed Northeast.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links