Clueless delusional blogger on guns. Duct tape your head before reading!

This is a discussion on Clueless delusional blogger on guns. Duct tape your head before reading! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So my husband wants me to get a gun | Washington Times Communities I want to believe we have evolved from the Wild West every ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Clueless delusional blogger on guns. Duct tape your head before reading!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Clueless delusional blogger on guns. Duct tape your head before reading!

So my husband wants me to get a gun | Washington Times Communities

I want to believe we have evolved from the Wild West every man for himself, vigilante lifestyle to a true society where police keep us safe in our homes and criminals face prosecution from the legal system.
    Last edited by paramedic70002; December 11th, 2012 at 01:10 AM.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

She wants utopia. She'd prefer to believe that police exist to prevent crimes happening at the moment they're going down, despite being ~5mins+ distant. And she'd prefer to believe that knowingly giving an angry/drunk stranger at midnight the knowledge that one is home alone actually constitutes "security" in her own home, believing instead that having the ability to resist such an intruder if he were to actively seek forcible entry (by having a gun in the house) would be a detriment.

Yup. That's what we're dealing with.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Fear and upbringing can be hard to get over - if she's on the fence or scared or as she said - doesn't think she can shoot another human being, then she's right, she shouldn't own a gun. Hopefully she'll change her mind set, take a good course and get comfortable at the range.
    Billb1960 likes this.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    A well written post, she is not demanding more gun control but explaining why she does not want a gun. Scroll on down to the comments, some good reading there and in a couple of her responses she does show a willingness to listen to others.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

She seems more open in the the user comments when a 2A activists talks some sense to her.
    bigmacque likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

" I want to believe that here in the United States, individuals do not need to take it upon themselves to protect their families. I want to believe we have evolved from the Wild West every man for himself, vigilante lifestyle to a true society where police keep us safe in our homes and criminals face prosecution from the legal system."

Read more: So my husband wants me to get a gun | Washington Times Communities
    Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter

That one really got me...

Jim
    MamaMaria likes this.

Wow.. llike one of the commenters said, not real bright telling the world where you live and that you have bars on the doors and windows to keep you from running away and no means of protecting yourself. She didn't even get it when the drunk was pounding on her front door. Wonder how long before we read about her as a victim?

I agree it was well written, except the cheering Bob Costas part. I did see some of her responses to comments.

In my opinion, if someone makes a decision not to have a gun for whatever personal reason, that's their choice and I'm OK with that. She described herself as a staunch gun control supporter - that I have a problem with. I'll respect her decision to choose not be armed, but please respect my decision to protect myself. For many years I didn't want a gun in the home, but that was my choice, I never faulted anyone for choosing the opposite.

At least she didn't say: "I live on Dupont Circle, have bars on the windows, perimeter alarm, talk with strangers, inform them I'm home alone, don't have guns in the house ... oh yeah, and it's the one with the blue door and holiday wreath hanging on the knocker." At least she'll keep 'em guessin'.

I'm all for a person making a personal decision. Where I get snarky is when such oh-me-oh-my logic begins to push for control over lawful choices of others.
    aus71383 likes this.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

"I want to believe we have evolved from the Wild West every man for himself, vigilante lifestyle to a true society where police keep us safe in our homes and criminals face prosecution from the legal system. "

I want to believe that as well. The problem is... We haven't...
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Administrator
    She is the stuff that unfortunate statistics are made of.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    She is the stuff that unfortunate statistics are made of.
    Yup.

I wonder whether the violent criminals in her area are so squeamish about arming themselves. Hmmmmm, let me think ...
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Dupont Circle is not a relative safe area. At least not when I lived in Northern Va.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

This nation will sustain just as much crime as the citizens are willing to tolerate.

How's that lookin' to y'all these days? Is the justice system fixed or is it broken? Do personally held defensive firearms play a role in 21st century America?
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links