Just griping about a Walther P22

This is a discussion on Just griping about a Walther P22 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; These fun 22 plinkers are notoriously difficult to reassemble after cleaning. Usually the problem is with the spring that goes over the guide rod, and ...

Thread: Just griping about a Walther P22

VIP Member

These fun 22 plinkers are notoriously difficult to reassemble after cleaning. Usually the problem
    is with the spring that goes over the guide rod, and the need to use a special little plastic tool (or the
    end of a cleaning rod) to get the slide back on.

I've done it enough times over the past 9 years that I've got that part down. But last night
    I had one heck of a time getting the slide onto the rails of the receiver. I struggled with it for
    45 minutes and was about ready to give up and call Smith in the AM when it just sort of went back into place for no reason that I could discern.

I like this gun for the fun part, shooting it, but my patience has about run out for the quirky stuff
    that happens when it needs to be reassembled after cleaning.

Just venting my frustration. Thanks for listening.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Are the Ruger and SW M & P 22s as problematic as the Walther is do you know? Been considering the SW myself. Glad you got it sorted out.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillK01 View Post
    Are the Ruger and SW M & P 22s as problematic as the Walther is do you know? Been considering the SW myself. Glad you got it sorted out.
    I don't know. I'm unfamiliar with those others. As for getting it sorted out, dunno. I'll find out next time if I don't
    sell it first. I was pretty aggravated by it last night.

I don't have a gun safe, and so I often just disassemble them and take the guide rods and springs with me when I am away from the house. That's no problem except with this one model when it has to be put back together.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Sponsored Links