Biggest Fanboys/girls? - Page 4

Biggest Fanboys/girls?

This is a discussion on Biggest Fanboys/girls? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think Glock has the most fanboys. I don't/won't own a Glock cause every one I have picked up feels "wrong," and I can't hit ...

View Poll Results: Who had the biggest fanboys/girls?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sig Sauer

3 2.65%
  • Heckler and Koch

4 3.54%
  • Glock

72 63.72%
  • Springfield

5 4.42%
  • Smith and Wesson

13 11.50%
  • Colt

9 7.96%
  • Kahr Arms

1 0.88%
  • Kimber

6 5.31%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Biggest Fanboys/girls?

I think Glock has the most fanboys. I don't/won't own a Glock cause every one I have picked up feels "wrong," and I can't hit anything with them.

I hesitate to print, or say, anything bad about Glock for fear of becoming the flame target of the internet. Definitely the most fanatic of fanboys.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I think Glock has the most fanboys. I don't/won't own a Glock cause every one I have picked up feels "wrong," and I can't hit anything with them.

I hesitate to print, or say, anything bad about Glock for fear of becoming the flame target of the internet. Definitely the most fanatic of fanboys.
    You'd better be donning that flame-proof underwear!

No disrespect meant to ANYBODY, just my opinion. The idea of not being able to hit something with one gun or another is absurd. Sight alignment is sight alignment; all the fundamentals are the same. It would be like saying “I drive real good in a Chevy, but put me in a Ford and I hit every mailbox I come to”. It just doesn’t make any sense. Do I believe in Glocks, yep… I take the same old G17 at every CCW class (I do 4 to 10 a month) and throw it across the concrete floor, go out to the range drop the mag, open the slide and throw it into the OK red dirt and kick it around, pick it up, clear it and shoot it. ANYBODY with any other system that wants to come train with me and get their gun to just survive the day (and I can tell you which ones will and which ones will not) will have a weapon system they KNOW they can bet their life on. I don’t care what system you carry as long as it works and works after a beating. My 2 cents…Mac
    “Qui Desiderat Pacem Praeparet Bellum” – “Pray For Peace, Prepare For War”

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTapSS View Post
    I take the same old G17 at every CCW class (I do 4 to 10 a month) and throw it across the concrete floor, go out to the range drop the mag, open the slide and throw it into the OK red dirt and kick it around, pick it up, clear it and shoot it.
    Let's really stop and take a look at this statement for a moment. Is there really a crying need to go through this gratuitous, abusive ritual before shooting any firearm. What does this really illustrate to others?

Just because this will carry loads that would crush my half-ton pickup doesn't mean I want to use it as my daily driver or that my pickup is inferior to it.  It's better to take care of one's vehicles or his firearms than to beat up on them just because he can.
    OD* and peckman28 like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Wow, this is really getting off track...... The original poll question has nothing to do with which gun is best. The question is about which manufacturer has the most die-hard fans. Then I asked if you were a "fanboy" which it would be? I like all my guns and am currently loving an HK. 6 months ago I was drooling all over my SIG 1911. 6 months from now I might be back to a Glock.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

In my opinion, it illustrates to others that this system works, longer and harder than others, it can take abuse and still function as needed to accomplish the task. Let’s look at it another way. If you have a temperamental truck, that from time to time won’t start, are you going to take it across country? I take care of my Glocks, every couple of months I put them in the dishwasher and clean them, a drop of oil on each side of the slide and I’ll take it out and beat it up again training. But what I can say is when I take it out of the holster when it is time I need it, I don’t have a question in my mind if it is going to work. It runs and eats everything and anything I put through it. I can and do bet my life on it and the lives of the ones I love. A finicky gun or, truck for that matter, is not something I want to trust to take care of my family. Take your finicky gun and give it to your child (if they are of age of course) and tell them that is their new carry gun. I give my children Glocks as I know, because of the beating mine takes, that theirs won’t break down when they need it the most.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    “Qui Desiderat Pacem Praeparet Bellum” – “Pray For Peace, Prepare For War”

Based on my gun safe, I'd probably be a Glock fan. I like them because they are: Inexpensive, reliable, lightweight, high capacity.

Austin

Yeah I'd say Glock is much more affordable than Sig or H&K. The two H&K's I paid for cost me almost 1700 together. Both of my glocks maybe just under 1200. I haven't ventured towards anything else. I can't stand the feel of 1911's and really don't understand the "Cult" of 1911. It's just not comfortable out of the box for me. I also think as far as ww2 was concerned the Germans had a much better quality handgun than the Americans. Walther P-38 and the Luger? I like the feel of my Glock 22 and 19c and also both of my USP's the compact and fullsize. Compact was stolen tho, and I'll probably never see it again :(

Why am I not surprised...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links