Industry Report: All-Time High Gun Sales Recorded in November

This is a discussion on Industry Report: All-Time High Gun Sales Recorded in November within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Fascinating, just fascinating. Industry Report: All-Time High Gun Sales Recorded in November - Guns & Ammo I wonder what is causing this buying frenzy - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Industry Report: All-Time High Gun Sales Recorded in November

Industry Report: All-Time High Gun Sales Recorded in November

Fascinating, just fascinating. Industry Report: All-Time High Gun Sales Recorded in November - Guns & Ammo

I wonder what is causing this buying frenzy - fear of additional restrictions, or fear of economic (or other) collapse.

Or is it because of the Mayan prophecy??
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

2. Remove Ads

Probably just the members of this forum replacing all those guns lost in those unfortunate boating accidents.
    mprp, JoJoGunn and oldnfat like this.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    It's incredible how often I lose my guns to boating accidents, I already lost the latest gun I got. Just amazing.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Boats aren't made like they used to be.
    mprp and darbo like this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by 3wggl View Post
    Probably just the members of this forum replacing all those guns lost in those unfortunate boating accidents.
    Yes and the darn boat went down again in salt water this time.
    Guy at work this morning was talking about this subject . He said a bunch of vigilante white guys stocking up. That why we need to ban then now. He had the floor for about 15 minutes.

I bet IL residents are going to boot things even more pretty soon. Well, I hope.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I think violent crime is the real reason, it seems to be escalating at a fever pitch.

The bad economy had a part in it, but the real reason is that people are chosing to be violent criminals instead of trying to be law abiding. This breeds fear among the population and the need to have an equalizer in the face of someone who would kill a human with no more thought than stepping on an insect. They have just degenerated to this level.

Criminals do not have to be violent, but as it seems, they are turning towards it. That is the reason why gun sales have skyrocketed.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I wish everyone carried that is capable and stable. Violent criminals dont fear much, but they understand a bullet

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar

I think it's a combination of all of the above. More than anything else I think it's the massive fear mongering being perpetuated by the media. Fiscal cliff here, recession there, drug war here, gang war there, impending doom for all! Throw in the threat of a strongly anti-2nd government (for the most part) and it's a gun company's CFO's dream.
    rammerjammer likes this.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    no body told me I had to put air in those pesky 4 man rubber boats

VIP Member
    In my opinion, part of the uptick was due to the election - so that's a "seasonality" feature of the election cycle.

The larger foundation, me thinks, is the steady and quiet march of the expansion of 2A rights and the acceptance of firearms by many more than 25 years ago.
    Doghandler likes this.

Was listening to a radio program yesterday and the guy claims that come the 1st of January a BUNCH (like 70%) of the unemployed now getting government suplemental income will stop receiving those checks.

Now, just where do you think they will be looking for food/shelter/etc?

Stay aware folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    Was listening to a radio program yesterday and the guy claims that come the 1st of January a BUNCH (like 70%) of the unemployed now getting government suplemental income will stop receiving those checks.

Now, just where do you think they will be looking for food/shelter/etc?

Stay aware folks.
    That's an unfortunate, but timely thought.

More and more, the first decade of this century reminds me of the first decade of the last century- not that I was there to see it, mind you.

While I am hardly disposed to thinking in terms of TEOTWAWKI/SHTF/WROL scenarios, we face as a Nation, some fairly adverse economic conditions that will probably grow worse after those who are receiving UE benefits stop getting them. At our present rate of (over)spending, it is only matter of time 'til we face Greece's fate and where the wolf might've been knocking at the door these last few years, if things get as bad as I fear they will, he'll be clawing at it, and in some cases, even willing to kick it in himself.

Perhaps the Mayans were correct, but in a different way.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

VIP Member
    The gun manufactures control the marine industry.
    kerberos likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links