My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

This is a discussion on My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Badey I see a new AWB being drafted and debated, and even voted on, but I am not sure that it will ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I see a new AWB being drafted and debated, and even voted on, but I am not sure that it will pass.
    Who says they'll vote on anything? Remember Bush banned the importation of "assault weapons" with an Executive Order and Clinton used it several times, if I recall correctly, to add further restrictions on importation of firearms.

2. Remove Ads

Better they monitor the mentally ill walkin' the streets........we don't need metal detectors......we need Mental Detectors.
    3wggl, msgt/ret and Doghandler like this.

VIP Member
    A guy that nuts and motivated would use other means to kill. Maybe a homemade bomb, or gas. E. Holder once said "Never let a good crisis go to waste"
    aus71383 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    A guy that nuts and motivated would use other means to kill. Maybe a homemade bomb, or gas. E. Holder once said "Never let a good crisis go to waste"

I think that was Rahm Emanuel.
    ksholder likes this.

I don't see a gun grab,I see them stopping any AR AK style guns to civiliams,no extended mag tubes for shotguns,limited to 4+1,I can see either a limit on ammo purchase for AR15/AK47 type firearms and even possibly a ration on handgun ammo.Hopefully I make it 3 more weeks so I can invest my annual check into more primers and powder than what I have on hand which would still last me about 10 years if I only shoot 100 rounds a week and since I can make 223 bullet tips from spent 22 brass I won't run out of AR15 ammo
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    My personal feeling is that any group (media, anti-gun lobbies, etc.) that seek to exploit this tragedy in CT, this soon, to further their agendas are total scum. Children have been murdered, parents and families are in shock and grief, and the level of emotion is high. There will be a national discussion on guns, gun ownership rights, and gun control. But now is not the time to have that discussion IMHO.
    And your point is...?

Do you think that's gonna stop a lame duck adminstration who can sign an executive order with the stroke of a pen?

We'll know in a month or so.

Standby, to standby.
    accessbob and aus71383 like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I think that was Rahm Emanuel.
    I stand corrected. of course what is the difference? both corupt

My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

Just posted on Twitter by CNN

@cnnbrk: Assault weapons ban "a commitment" of President Obama's, spokesman says. http://on.cnn.com/Zq1uF7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Who says they'll vote on anything? Remember Bush banned the importation of "assault weapons" with an Executive Order and Clinton used it several times, if I recall correctly, to add further restrictions on importation of firearms.
    True. I was thinking more of the 1994 AWB.

An executive order could be enacted... let's hope not.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I stand corrected. of course what is the difference? both corupt
    Yep

What's the chance that we can focus the negative attention on the real issue - mentally ill people getting guns and acting out their sick fantasies?

The Virginia Tech shooter, the Tucson shooter, the Aurora shooter (off the top of my head, probably others) - all known to have mental issues. Surely, today's shooter was also a sick puppy. The VT and Aurora shooters passed NICS checks to obtain their weapons. Tucson shooter may have, I don't know. Background checks aren't going away - lets make sure that they flag these nutjobs and deny them purchases.

I know, slippery slope and all that....

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desk Jockey View Post
    What's the chance that we can focus the negative attention on the real issue - mentally ill people getting guns and acting out their sick fantasies?

The Virginia Tech shooter, the Tucson shooter, the Aurora shooter (off the top of my head, probably others) - all known to have mental issues. Surely, today's shooter was also a sick puppy. The VT and Aurora shooters passed NICS checks to obtain their weapons. Tucson shooter may have, I don't know. Background checks aren't going away - lets make sure that they flag these nutjobs and deny them purchases.

I know, slippery slope and all that....

We will have to propose how to police our own or Politicians will do it for us.
    Hopyard likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    We will have to propose how to police our own or Politicians will do it for us.
    And how in the world can you catch every possible loon or person who may not be and then "snap!" they are. It would again be punishing 80million people for the acts of, let's say 100. It is trying to eliminate that which cannot be eliminated and statistically isn't even a drop in a lake. But it is highly visible and terrifying for those who are seeing more and more of this reported. But their response is illogical to disarm those who are not doing it and still the problem will exist but they FEEL safer even though they aren't.
    aus71383 likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

restrictive legislation will not make any difference. I live in Vancouver Canada, and it took me months to get licenced just to be able to purchase a handgun. Two day course (me and wife) $520. Required range membership, $200/year. Cops checked me out, and talked to two of my neighbours to see if I was nuts.
    (two months wait, cause they are busy, and I was lucky my licence came quickly by these standards.
    Gun Registration, and authorization to transport papers travel with the handgun to and from range ONLY. The usual storage rules, locked, in a safe etc.
    The problem? the gang bangers here blast each other away approx. two deaths a week! the last one was in the lobby of a local hotel.
    Restrictive legislation will not change a thing! the bad guy's/nutbars just don't want to bother with the rules.

mprp,
    They will be disappointed at the effectiveness of a gun grab.
    You are correct, the results will be disppointing. Unfortunately, the way gun grabbers' "logic" works, they'll see disappointing results as an indication that they didn't do ENOUGH gun restrictions and will then advance even more restrictive measures......
    accessbob and aus71383 like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links