My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon - Page 3

My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

This is a discussion on My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Word coming down the pipe that the guns used were registered to his mother. The assault rifle that everyone's freaking out about was found in ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

Word coming down the pipe that the guns used were registered to his mother. The assault rifle that everyone's freaking out about was found in the back seat of his car and wasn't even used at the school.

With all the recent gun purchases -- probably a lot of first timers -- I think they will have a hard time doing anything without a lot of Congressional fallout. At least for awhile. It appears the CT shooter was using stolen guns (yeah, I know, from his mother that he just murdered) but at least they can't pass a law that would have kept the guns out of his hands.

But...I'm sure they will be after us long before Obama's second term is over.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    60 day waiting period to purchase firearm. (anyone everyone anywhere everywhere)
    State (Private Investigator) background check. (should take about a week to interview family, friends, co-workers etc to determine if there are signs of mental issues)
    State background check cost $1000.00 (to pay the PI).
    Age Limit to purchase....18 to 22 year old's need not apply.

This in addition to current NCIC checks.
    Firearms and weapon state law testing prior to purchase. (To be completed after CCL training ).

Not saying we don't have the right to own and carry, just saying it should not be so damn easy (in some states) to do so.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    60 day waiting period to purchase firearm. (anyone everyone anywhere everywhere)
    State (Private Investigator) background check. (should take about a week to interview family, friends, co-workers etc to determine if there are signs of mental issues)
    State background check cost $1000.00 (to pay the PI).
    Age Limit to purchase....18 to 22 year old's need not apply.

This in addition to current NCIC checks.
    Firearms and weapon state law testing prior to purchase. (To be completed after CCL training ).

Not saying we don't have the right to own and carry, just saying it should not be so damn easy (in some states) to do so.
    And we also need to make stealing guns illegal because these two recent tragedies were all committed with stolen weapons.
    accessbob, kerberos and StevePVB like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    And we also need to make stealing guns illegal because these two recent tragedies were all committed with stolen weapons.
    Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't done that yet. (good one Tx expat!)
    TX expat likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I'm sure we can figure that out also....where there's a will, there's a way......lets think on that.........
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

As a matter of fact, bio-print guns would resolve that problem.......next......

This is why there needs to be a big uproar from pro-2A's to repeal all of the nonsense gun legislation that we all know just makes it more difficult (or illegal) to protect ourselves by the most effective means.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    As a matter of fact, bio-print guns would resolve that problem.......next......
    Uhhh, OK Logan 5, you get to work on that now and try to have it wrapped up before you turn 30...
    oneshot likes this.

Bio Print Guns? So we have to rely on technology to work for the gun to work? And if I happen to become unable to pull the trigger, my wife (or anyone else for that matter behind my dead body) can't pick up my gun and continue the fight?

It's just toooooooo simple.... I can put a chip under my dog's skin and find him anywhere in the world.....therefore I can place a chip under your skin that matches the chip in the weapon and only you can fire it...It has about a 4 foot transmit range. Think about it....it will grow on you......

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    They will be disappointed at the effectiveness of a gun grab.
    No they won't. They don't care. Crime control is NOT the objective of gun control.
    oneshot likes this.
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (19202006)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post

Another AWB, much more restrictive legislation on handguns. I see it coming. The left and the anti-gun types know no other response to these kind of tragedies than to trample on the second amendment.

Any other thoughts?

^^YEP^

The White House is already yapping about it.

Tearful Obama calls for action after shooting - Yahoo! News

From article;
    "As a country, we have been through this too many times," Obama said. "We're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics."
    end

BOHICA............................................ ............................
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

OK guys....white flag waiving here...just having a little fun here....It's Friday night and I'm kinda board.......I'll stop now...

NO THANKS. Too Orwellian. And you haven't answered the query about the reliability factor. OR the cost. OR the 300 or so million guns all ready out there...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links