My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

This is a discussion on My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dben002 OK guys....white flag waiving here...just having a little fun here....It's Friday night and I'm kinda board.......I'll stop now... I really don't ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    OK guys....white flag waiving here...just having a little fun here....It's Friday night and I'm kinda board.......I'll stop now...
    I really don't think anything even remotely associated with this tragedy should be considered fun... You should be ashamed of yourself.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Was not commented in regards to the school shooting , but was directed at the outcry for gun control. Sorry you though otherwise and for that I would be happy to apologize. Not a problem.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    As a matter of fact, bio-print guns would resolve that problem.......next......

^^^^^STUPID IDEA^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What happens when the owner does the shooting anyway?
    What happens when I want to sell it.
    What happens when the damn technology malf's when I need it most?
    Are you going to limit it to just handguns,or are ALL firearms goingto be included?

Stupid idea stupid idea stupid idea.

Touchey feel good legislation.
    We have enough of that bull crap.

Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe." -- gh@c2

Trying to control crime with gun control laws is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

*"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
    illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end**.**" Author Unknown

Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Robert Coles:
    Abraham Lincoln did not go to Gettysburg having commissioned a poll to find out what would sell in Gettysburg. There were no people with percentages for him, cautioning him about this group or that group or what they found in exit polls a year earlier. When will we have the courage of Lincoln?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DandLfam View Post
    I've been thinking of buying an AR style weapon for a bit now.. guess other projects will have to wait. I feel the "assualt" style weapons will be no longer very soon.
    And why do you feel you need a particular style? Would you not be perfectly fine with a .223 semi-auto not decked out to look military?

We keep reading here and elsewhere in pro-gun circles that one of the
    flaws with the AWB was precisely that it concentrated on style. Well heck, style affects how folks think about the items they own and what purposes they might put them too. We all know that. Certain car styles look like race cars and others like old lady cars, and both are often pretty much the same under the hood. And we know
    which ones are more likely to be driven in a foolish manner by young male drivers; not so much the K car.

I've no concern if a well functioning gun is painted pink, has a solid wooden stock, and looks like it was designed for visitors at a carnival. I do have a concern with "military style" weapons. I truly think these play to certain mental fantasies
    some of us have.

There are NO good answers to the mess we face because there have always been and will always be psychos.

What we don't need to be doing is "tweating" the inner voices with visual cues making "Lofty" violence or tools of violence.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    oneshot...mute point...read a few post down............yes you are absolutely right........
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I pray for the victims and I ask myself why has our society make wrapped indivuals like this? Can we blame the states becaause the mentally ill are being mainstreamed into society? When mainsteaming goes into effect the goverment has and does excersise a right that many of us have expeienced putting halfway houses in neibourhoods when the home owners have no rights. I asked a question after talking to my councilmen, after being told the state employees can't make
    patients take medication to keep them on even keel makes it worrisome ! This type of home is quietly set up and we had no recoures. I had

Amen to that.This punk and others like him are evil cowards.No amount of laws will stop evil people.
    Richard58 likes this.

VIP Member
    60 day waiting period to purchase firearm. (anyone everyone anywhere everywhere)
    State (Private Investigator) background check. (should take about a week to interview family, friends, co-workers etc to determine if there are signs of mental issues)
    State background check cost $1000.00 (to pay the PI).
    Age Limit to purchase....18 to 22 year old's need not apply.

This in addition to current NCIC checks.
    Firearms and weapon state law testing prior to purchase. (To be completed after CCL training ).

Not saying we don't have the right to own and carry, just saying it should not be so damn easy (in some states) to do so.
    Oh my. Wouldn't have stopped this incident.
    oneshot likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by TXTIGR View Post
    Amen to that.This punk and others like him are evil cowards.No amount of laws will stop evil people.
    ...but we have a bunch of laws that make it extremely difficult to stop evil people, or should I say make it easier for people to do evil.

Laws have never worked- if they did, atrocities like what happened today would not happen. The Libs are only good for one thing- a repetitive "knee-jerk" reaction.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

StarPD45
    My prayers go out to the victims, and families.

The bottom line for this discussion is == Gun control is not about guns. It's about control.
    oneshot and tdw63 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I'm sure they will try but gun ownership is up and people seem to be starting to understand the importance of being able to defend one's self from deranged individuals. I'm sure some areas will pass absurd legislation but I am hopeful that cooler heads will prevail for the majority of us.
    One of the MAIN reasons I moved out of California back in 2007 and back to Missouri. I will NEVER live in a blue/liberal state EVER again!

VIP Member
    The question is how to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people who will do harm to innocent people such as these children. The answer is you can't because of the millions of guns already owned by people and who knows who is going to bug out at any moment. Even some police officers murder. Nobody can be trusted and that's why people flip out when they see a man with a gun. You just don't know what's going to happen next anymore.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Well if you were listening Obama and Holder both announced it . Latter White house spokesman say Obama remains committed to a weapons ban.
    They won't waste this you hear all kinds of half truths about what happen. He had 4 ,5 10 assault weapons , machine guns what ever they can make up.
    Betting you now they show a weapon he never used. Bet your last dollar Holder and Obama are partying to night.

Yeah I try not to get all wrapped up in the gun-control and politicians. Until I see the national guard or army coming door to door I'm just going to keep buying and sitting back watching out. Hell my cousin is a homicide detective and he is utmostly sure that the gun control is coming. i'm just not getting all paranoid.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links