My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon - Page 5

My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

This is a discussion on My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Any my AR receiver just shipped today, I am planning on a build and spreading the costs out over time. Now I am worried I ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

Any my AR receiver just shipped today, I am planning on a build and spreading the costs out over time. Now I am worried I will not be able to get the parts, the next AWB will be far more restrictive. I guess I should buy my mags now because we know that will be disallowed.

I am SICK over this. Families have lost loved ones just before Christmas, their kids, this makes me sick, and the first thing the left does is blame the NRA, they didn't even take a moment of silence to let families grieve before they started pointing and blaming. I am so filled with disgust over this I am at a loss...
    Last edited by DMan; December 15th, 2012 at 09:24 AM.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Saw tonight on Hardball (I think he was president of the Teachers Union) and he stated that school principles, administrators and teachers should not be armed. I think that is absurd. They saw and recognized the need to arm pilots to stop hijacking. To not arm the people who protect our children is beyond my ability for rational thinking.
    oneshot likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    The question is how to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people who will do harm to innocent people such as these children. The answer is you can't because of the millions of guns already owned by people and who knows who is going to bug out at any moment. Even some police officers murder. Nobody can be trusted and that's why people flip out when they see a man with a gun. You just don't know what's going to happen next anymore.
    I keep thinking about the gun control laws that don't allow certain people to obtain guns. If these people are so dangerous that they can't own a gun, why are they allowed to run around loose in society?

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Who says they'll vote on anything? Remember Bush banned the importation of "assault weapons" with an Executive Order and Clinton used it several times, if I recall correctly, to add further restrictions on importation of firearms.
    EXCELLENT Point!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    A guy that nuts and motivated would use other means to kill. Maybe a homemade bomb, or gas. E. Holder once said "Never let a good crisis go to waste"
    Very true. The mind is the ultimate weapon and all of the other things are mere tools of execution. The possibilities of what he could have done is astronomical. You can't legislate out the limitless possibilities that could have been deployed today. We don't have a gun problem, we have an "evil" problem.

It isn't going to be pretty, it isn't going to be nice. You are 100% correct, Mike. Glad to see you've come home!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

Any other thoughts?
    Fasten your safety belts, we're about to experience some turbulence. Another murdering lunatic drives another nail. I'm not predicting an all out grab but "I see a bad moon rising". We're going to need some luck and some clear heads. Might not be a good time for tantrums or assclownery.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Bet your last dollar Holder and Obama are partying to night.
    That's just a sick thing to even say. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Toorop likes this.

we all know its not the guns fault, and nobody is trying to find out why all these kids are going beserk, Must be a problem in society somewhere, seems only younger people are doing most of this, Where did O do most of his campaigning, The younger generation, maybe he was telling them something we all missed, Boy its great being old, no long term bull to put up with, But they will play hell stoppin us while we are here...........

Is there a compromise? I've been thinking about that since this story broke. Would anyone support a "permit" to buy guns? Where you go through training and mental evaluation? No permit no guns? I understand this won't stop someone from stealing a gun and doing this but I do think we have to do something so the acts of a few effect the rights of many. Anyone have thoughts on this ? Well of course everyone does maybe more of a plan? compromise?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan6406 View Post
    Is there a compromise? I've been thinking about that since this story broke. Would anyone support a "permit" to buy guns? Where you go through training and mental evaluation? No permit no guns? I understand this won't stop someone from stealing a gun and doing this but I do think we have to do something so the acts of a few effect the rights of many. Anyone have thoughts on this ? Well of course everyone does maybe more of a plan? compromise?
    do something so the acts of a few affect the many? Or so the acts of a few don't affect the many? As far as gun control,I think you can't legislate crazy, and people determined to kill, will find a way, with a gun or without
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thats the big problem Mulle. Crazy is going to do it anyway. But its not something you can tell the masses out there. Yes I missed a Don't in there, sorry.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Re: My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

Nutjobs don't usually go through the process, they go around it. It's easier, faster, and far less expensive.

Laws make people feel safe. Some laws are necessary, but you can't keep blaming things for actions. Drive drunk, there's laws against it, you'll pay the price. The car isn't at fault, or blamed. Someone gets shot, it's those pesky guns! Those pesky guns also save many lives.

Anti gun?
    Justify it with illegal activities.

Pro gun?
    Justify it with legal activities.

See why laws don't fix the problem?

Hint:
    Criminals don't obey laws.

Understood,Stan.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

This is very sad. Horrible news. However, gun bans will have no affect on bad guys. Maybe they should look into banning video games, maybe these sick people want to play it out in real life. Who knows.

VIP Member
    Well I will say here thankfully I have sold all my firearms so I have nothing for them to grab. Got top dollar for them to.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links