My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

This is a discussion on My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Stan6406 Would anyone support a "permit" to buy guns? Where you go through training and mental evaluation? No permit no guns? Trouble ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Stan6406 View Post
    Would anyone support a "permit" to buy guns? Where you go through training and mental evaluation? No permit no guns?
    Trouble is, MILLIONS of people would support such restrictions on upstanding citizens.

I understand this won't stop someone from stealing a gun and doing this
    Bingo. Such criminalization of upstanding citizens' possession/usage doesn't impact criminals and their ability to do whatever it is they're prepared to do to ignore and get around such things.

but I do think we have to do something so the acts of a few effect the rights of many.
    Doing something despite lack of effectiveness is the perennial crutch on which the do-gooders rely. And it affects the rights of many, having precious little effect on criminals, who simply ignore such prohibitions and do it anyway. Training, permission, capacity limits, reporting requirements, prohibition on who can/can't acquire or carry.

What'll help: severely jumping on criminals when they do their nefarious deeds, keeping them segregated from the upstanding; eliminating the most-violent from our midst, permanently; ceasing the legal merry-go-round that allows repeat offenders to keep getting released without any hope of "correction" of their behavior; ceasing the criminalization of upstanding citizens for daring to protect themselves, who otherwise commit no criminal actions against others whatsoever. IMO, anything else is a farcical attempt to reject reality under the auspices of political expediency.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    After the mall shooting in Oregon and now this senseless shooting in the school in CT, I knew the gun control train was going to start rolling full steam. Now, after watching Obama speak about the school shooting, watching his face and listening to what he said and the way he said it I believe it is pretty clear that a big gun grab will be headed our way very, very soon.

Another AWB, much more restrictive legislation on handguns. I see it coming. The left and the anti-gun types know no other response to these kind of tragedies than to trample on the second amendment.

Any other thoughts?
    you have been watching too much Nuttinfancy and MSNBC.......???

you a country with 350 million people and 300 million guns....your gonna grab what ?/??

we spend BILLIONS on airport security now its time to have a few armed guards at every school 24/7
    I think also that this particular mass murder no law would have protected those children
    Last edited by sonnycrocket; December 15th, 2012 at 07:17 AM.

A 2010 study conducted by Pew Research suggests the population is fairly split on being open to further gun control: Gun Rights & Gun Control, 2010.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Originally Posted by Smitty901

Bet your last dollar Holder and Obama are partying to night.

^^^^^^^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    That's just a sick thing to even say. You should be ashamed of yourself.

^^^^^^^^^He may not have put it so eloquently, or rosey, BUT^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There is probably a lot of anti gun polititians rubbing their grubby little mitts together, for the window of opportunity that is on the horizon.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Originally Posted by Smitty901

Bet your last dollar Holder and Obama are partying to night.

^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^He may not have put it so eloquently, or rosey, BUT^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There is probably a lot of anti gun polititians rubbing their grubby little mitts together, for the window of opportunity that is on the horizon.
    Could be but that is exactly the kind of comment that does harm to our cause rather than good. It feeds into the "right-wing nut, conspiracy theory laden" mentality that the antis think we all meet and those on the fence wonder about.

We should be concentrating on facts to support our cause not pontificating on our thoughts about the President's character. I'll go a step further and say that making comments like the one I was responding to does more to show the content of one's own character than it does to prove any point trying to be made.

I will stand by my original reply.

VIP Member
    Unfortunately I agree Mike. It's the typical answer to every problem. Pass new laws and restrictions that only the law abiding will follow. I often wonder what their answer will be when they ban guns completely and criminals still use them to commit crimes.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Anyone need proof.........???????? Old stats yes...but the facts still have bearing today....crime and murders down...........

Gun Ownership Mandatory In Kennesaw, Georgia
    Crime Rate Plummets

by Chuck Baldwin

The New American magazine reminds us that March 25th marked the 16th anniversary of Kennesaw, Georgia's ordinance requiring heads of households (with certain exceptions) to keep at least one firearm in their homes.

The city's population grew from around 5,000 in 1980 to 13,000 by 1996 (latest available estimate). Yet there have been only three murders: two with knives (1984 and 1987) and one with a firearm (1997). After the law went into effect in 1982, crime against persons plummeted 74 percent compared to 1981, and fell another 45 percent in 1983 compared to 1982.

And it has stayed impressively low. In addition to nearly non-existent homicide (murders have averaged a mere 0.19 per year), the annual number of armed robberies, residential burglaries, commercial burglaries, and rapes have averaged, respectively, 1.69, 31.63, 19.75, and 2.00 through 1998.

With all the attention that has been heaped upon the lawful possession of firearms lately, you would think that a city that requires gun ownership would be the center of a media feeding frenzy. It isn't. The fact is I can't remember a major media outlet even mentioning Kennesaw. Can you?

The reason is obvious. Kennesaw proves that the presence of firearms actually improves safety and security. This is not the message that the media want us to hear. They want us to believe that guns are evil and are the cause of violence.

The facts tell a different story. What is even more interesting about Kennesaw is that the city's crime rate decreased with the simple knowledge that the entire community was armed. The bad guys didn't force the residents to prove it. Just knowing that residents were armed prompted them to move on to easier targets. Most criminals don't have a death wish.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Unfortunately I agree Mike. It's the typical answer to every problem. Pass new laws and restrictions that only the law abiding will follow. I often wonder what their answer will be when they ban guns completely and criminals still use them to commit crimes.
    That's pretty easy, just look to Chicago and NYC to see how that will play out. With some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country and some of the highest violent crime rates, they look everywhere but inward to find blame for their problem. They can't blame the cause since that would be unwise politically, so they continue to find scapegoats and lay blame on anything and everything that makes for an easy target.

My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

Keep in Mind that CT has some of the most restrictive guns laws already in the USA. They are listed as the 5th most oppressive in the USA

I dont usually get into this, but this seems to be different. If anything is going to happen, I think it's going to come after this. What would help more than more gun control, is if relatives of troubled people had the right to put them in treatment or have them evaluated by a professional. At the same time it would be nice if they could do so without having to worry about how to pay for it. Unfortunately some of those standing up for gun rights are the same standing against government assistance for the mentally ill.
    Toorop likes this.

This is not what will cause the Gun grab it has been in the works all a long just more fuel and cover for them to work their dirty deeds

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    That's pretty easy, just look to Chicago and NYC to see how that will play out. With some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country and some of the highest violent crime rates, they look everywhere but inward to find blame for their problem. They can't blame the cause since that would be unwise politically, so they continue to find scapegoats and lay blame on anything and everything that makes for an easy target.
    wait..wait...NYC has what?

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    Keep in Mind that CT has some of the most restrictive guns laws already in the USA. They are listed as the 5th most oppressive in the USA
    who listed them and where? Please post a link.

^
    You can read each states brady campaign scorecard on their website.
    oneshot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    They will next ban the first amendment so you will not hear of such crimes.
    Glock Armorer

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links