My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

This is a discussion on My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After the mall shooting in Oregon and now this senseless shooting in the school in CT, I knew the gun control train was going to ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

My prediction, BIG gun grab coming soon

After the mall shooting in Oregon and now this senseless shooting in the school in CT, I knew the gun control train was going to start rolling full steam. Now, after watching Obama speak about the school shooting, watching his face and listening to what he said and the way he said it I believe it is pretty clear that a big gun grab will be headed our way very, very soon.

Another AWB, much more restrictive legislation on handguns. I see it coming. The left and the anti-gun types know no other response to these kind of tragedies than to trample on the second amendment.

Any other thoughts?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

I'm sure they will try but gun ownership is up and people seem to be starting to understand the importance of being able to defend one's self from deranged individuals. I'm sure some areas will pass absurd legislation but I am hopeful that cooler heads will prevail for the majority of us.
    sensei2 and Dandyone like this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Yep!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I got that vibe from the speech too.

Very sad situation...

How could this have happened in a gun-free zone?? Didn't he read the sign?
    bigmacque likes this.

Have no doubt. Press conference already said no matter the politics
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Nope... I see the country as a WHOLE taking a turn, even Hollywood actors are starting to speak up in favor of the 2nd amendment. There is a loud minority, who will only see the wrong in their ways once it fails, and it's failing (schools and the theater are "gun free zones").

They will be disappointed at the effectiveness of a gun grab.
    Richard58 and Maximpactguns like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I've been thinking of buying an AR style weapon for a bit now.. guess other projects will have to wait. I feel the "assualt" style weapons will be no longer very soon.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    My personal feeling is that any group (media, anti-gun lobbies, etc.) that seek to exploit this tragedy in CT, this soon, to further their agendas are total scum. Children have been murdered, parents and families are in shock and grief, and the level of emotion is high. There will be a national discussion on guns, gun ownership rights, and gun control. But now is not the time to have that discussion IMHO.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    The thing to remember, (and you will never be able to convenience some) more restrictive gun laws will never prevent these types of senseless killings. These types will find the weapons and ammo needed for their purposes.... laws/restrictions or not. Even if guns were not available they would find other means to carry out their delusional agenda's.

But you can be sure 2A is in for a rough ride with lots of rhetoric on both sides.

I also think a ban of some fashion is forthcoming.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Terrible thing that has happened and I pray for the victims and their families. However if you have ever wanted an AR or the likes you'd better get it now! Even if they don't try to pass another BS AWB there will be hype driving up the prices. Ammo will be next. Glad I already have mine.

Ex Member
    Join the train. Been saying that for years. " NEVER LET A GOOD TRAGEDY GO TO WASTE." This may be the straw that broke the camels back.

Distinguished Member
    More nonsense thinking:
    Andrew J. O'Connor: Time to repeal the Second Amendment - Boulder Daily Camera

How do you get the point across that the rest of your rights, including being able to spew garbage like he did, is only protected due to the 2nd Amendment. They just won't see it until it is gone. I hope I'm gone by that time. I just hate to think how it is going to be should that actually occur. And, while it may be unlikely, it seems that if just the right (meaning wrong) individuals come together we could have meltdown.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Accessbob....yes indeed..and we already had it during Katrina in New Orleans............
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I see a new AWB being drafted and debated, and even voted on, but I am not sure that it will pass.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links