Dan Wesson titan

Dan Wesson titan

This is a discussion on Dan Wesson titan within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Im thinking about saving up to get this gun, but everyone that i associate with tells me it is not worth the price and im ...

Thread: Dan Wesson titan

Dan Wesson titan

Im thinking about saving up to get this gun, but everyone that i associate with tells me it is not worth the price and im better off getting a hi point instead. so the question is should i get the Dan Wesson like the idiot i am or settle for something a person working on minimum wage like myself can afford. Im stupid on this type of thing so i would appreciate the education.
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member
    it has some features I really like and a few I hate
    but if ya have the coin why not

Well, as they say, the first step to idiocy improvement is recognizing the idiocy. You're well on your way, then.

Nice choice in weapons, there. Am assuming that whatever you purchase will be well within what you can afford. As suggested, if you've got the "coin" then why not?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The gun, it's ergonomics, controls, appearance, function, and price, have to suit you , not any of us. For just two criteria, price, and quality....

price.... and only price..... high point

quality....and everything else..... Dan Wesson, with no hesitation
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

VIP Member
    AS a DW owner, I can attest to them being well made. As to whether it is worth what you will pay for it, only you can answer that.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    AS a DW owner, I can attest to them being well made. As to whether it is worth what you will pay for it, only you can answer that.

^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I own an old school DW revolver(15-2 VH 6in.) and it was worth every penny of the $200 I paid for it in 1980.

If you are working for minimum wage, have a family to support, I would say this may not be the firearm for you, but neither is a High-point.
    There is a middle ground.
    Glock, S&W, Ruger and the like.
    NOW, if you are working for minimum wage, live with mom and dad, and are going to school to be a sucessful engineer, doctor or lawyer, I say save and go for it.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Probably dont need a DW, yet probably shouldnt settle for a hi point. Id say save up until you get about 400 and look into something like a springfield xd(minus the m). Save an extra 100 on top of that and your choices open up a lot at around
    $500

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    If its what you want and you can save up for it without sacrificing essentials; i.e., food, rent, utilities, medicine, kid's shoes, etc. then why not? Its been my experience that if you settle for something you don't really want then you won't ever really be happy with it. Eventually you'll probably keep buying other guns to by-pass your original dissatisfaction. In the end, it would have been cheaper for you to have bought the DW you always wanted. I'd rather have one good gun than a bunch of cheap ones.

Sponsored Links