something i wanted to get of my back

This is a discussion on something i wanted to get of my back within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; look i want to take a min and say my heart is filled with sadness with what happend to the people that died in that ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By Brad426

Thread: something i wanted to get of my back

look i want to take a min and say my heart is filled with sadness with what happend to the people that died in that school. and all over in all the mass shooting that has been taking place. but this is why we need police in all schools and also have all Law Abiding Citizens carry guns every were. when will we be sick of being a victim of gun crimes. and other crimes that hurt us. why cant we open are eyes and make a stand and say no more. way do we think banning guns will work. people that dont care about the law will get them and use it on us that cant have one and follow the law. we need to make a stand right now and get armed guards in all schools any were the public goes if you are a gun free zone because it does not make crime not happen because you have a damn sign. how many more people will died before we get this in are heads. we dont need to ban guns but we as gun owners need to come together and make it were people that want to own a gun need to have gun training and get free or half off safes or gun locks and hold the people that let there guns fall in the wrong hands to be held by law for not locking there guns up after there kids or family member takes it. there is a fine line but i feel like its time to talk with are kids about guns and what happens. also get gun free zones gone. they dont do anything but let people that are going on a killing spree ......hey look no one will stop me.......they dont care about your sign or anything eles. but if you let people that have had a background check and have a gun in your business things like this will not happen. or if it does it will not be a mass killing spree. also places like schools should have a few cops there at all times to stop things like this from happening to are kids. and for other places like malls stores and banks need to think about the up side of letting law abiding citizens come in there places we will never let a mass killing spree happen were we are. plus having a sign that says we allow law abiding citizens to carry here will make it a harder target to hit because they have no clue who has a gun. it might not stop altogether murders but it will not be so many as right now.

I think I mostly agree with what you've posted Sir, but damn it's hard to read what you write. Is English perhaps your second/third language? LOL

I suppose I should, but I don't pay any attention to gun free zone signs, except in Federal buildings and courthouses. Malls, banks, restaurants etc...are where I feel the need to be armed, and thus, I am armed. I don't advertise it, but I'm prepared should STTS. Welcome to the forum. Stay safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

VIP Member
    I was lost after the second line.
    KBSR likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Re: something i wanted to get of my back

Damn, you need to brush up on your typing skills. I don't mean to be an ass, but I couldn't even read your whole post.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Paragraphs are cool.

Welcome aboard, though.
    BugDude likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

The hard read aside, I agree. Politicians will never see eye-to-eye with the general public, that's why we're the general public and they're not.

I will throw this out there as well. What you have to realize is going on with all the proponents of gun control and those wanting bans, etc, can be of a phenomenon known as "Argument from Ignorance". You see this in testimonies involving eye-witnesses. Our human minds are wonderful factories of thoughts and, better yet, interpretations. We are not always geared to make the best interpretations simply from the fact that we don't understand the subject matter.

Hence the term "Argument from Ignorance".

In the case of gun control, you will probably note that some of those that are high proponents of gun control, etc, have no real background in firearms. They aren't hunters, they aren't CCW holders, they, in many cases, have never been a gun owner. The argument that they provide stems from "emotion". They see the killing rampages people go on (it has been plastered all over the news for how many years now? Yea, I'm tired of it too), and lots of those we hear on the news are themselves, or family members of someone that has been, affected directly from these events. Answer me this: How, then, can one proclaim to be an expert, or voice an opinion which they highly anticipate people will listen to and support/follow through with, if they don't understand the whole of the subject matter they are debating? Better yet, how does emotion make them a better proponent of a subject? In business you will probably understand that you have to take the emotion out of your process because it will usually lead to a less-than-ideal business outcome. I deal with that more times than not in my career, and it is hard to do.
    Last edited by gun1; December 15th, 2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Addition

yes true but its like this i understand very well. and i am just sick of things like this happening and then they talk about gun control for like ever when we in the USA are on a thin line with the gov. trying to take guns away or put more bans together. we as gun owners are selfs need to make time and make a stand and not be so quit all the time. the only time we come out in force is if some one trys to make a gun ban or law or anything eles like that. we need to push to let people know that gun owners all over are working together to figer something out that we all can go with that does not cross the line. also the nra or any other pro-gun people cant do it all alone. all the gun owners need to come together and come up with anything right now because anything right now is better then nothing. so if we still dont do anything then the media will feed propaganda to people try and push for gun laws and we lose if we dont stand up and say look we are in the works of trying to find some ground on what we want as gun owners so things like this dont happen as offten. and were the gov. has no power of what ever we come up with. i am sure we can think of something i can write all day about what i think.

I am deeply troubled by this event and my heart aches at the anguish the families of those killed must be enduring. As a person, a human, a parent, I think anyone would be. I am also mind boggled that anyone thinks there is any legislation that could prevent pure evil from carrying out its horrific intentions. Many antis apparently think that the only way evil can manifest itself is through the barrel of a gun. Unfortunately, there are far too many ways for people to harm others than there are possible laws to prevent it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Links